By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Jokes aside, Nintendo goes Mobile and some people want the company to abandon HW yet it actually helped them out (at least 3ds).

This proves both should co exist with nintendo using mobile to grab the attention of their IPs and putting them in the spotlight. Cant wait for AC and FE mobile

Around the Network

Jesus, r/xboxone is hilarious

The fanbase over there may be the most delusional ever 

Xbox One is about to crush PS4, and Neo and PSVR aren't going to push sales at all, MS is in total control of the generation guys

It looks like the Amazon Prime deals actually pushed the One ahead of the ps4 for the month, but that's a fairly awful month for both, especially considering how ridiculous some of the sales were for the One. Good month for 3DS.

it's great, that NPD months finally got interesting again
next month
september, october, november and december
all can go either way. it could be close. it could be a huge gap. right now we don't know anything.

All of the people who bought a home console this month lost anyways :(, they'll be outdated in six months time. Good for the 3DS though :P

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
celador said:

Xbox One is about to crush PS4, and Neo and PSVR aren't going to push sales at all, MS is in total control of the generation guys

But they just won NPD by like 9.9k units sold.

Give em a break, it doesnt happend that often.

Also next month is the Xbox One Slim sales, so they ll win that too, ofc they are hyped.

Jodaa said:
next month
all can go either way. it could be close. it could be a huge gap. right now we don't know anything.

I think the PS VR & PS4k, will mean Sony wins those months.

Xbox One takes august though.

Aquamarine said:

NeoGAF comment:

"So are we trusting in a chart posted by a banned user made in a banned forum... LOL"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1254579&page=10

I laughed for a good five minutes at the sheer idiocy of this post. The ignorance is utterly incomparable.

It is. Just keep in mind that most of us here greatly appreciate you sharing npd numbers with us.

naruball said:
Aquamarine said:

NeoGAF comment:

"So are we trusting in a chart posted by a banned user made in a banned forum... LOL"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1254579&page=10

I laughed for a good five minutes at the sheer idiocy of this post. The ignorance is utterly incomparable.

It is. Just keep in mind that most of us here greatly appreciate you sharing npd numbers with us.

some1 over there got banned for defending (or attack the mods, depends how you want to look at it) her :D

JRPGfan said:
celador said:

But they just won NPD by like 9.9k units sold.

Give em a break, it doesnt happend that often.

Also next month is the Xbox One Slim sales, so they ll win that too, ofc they are hyped.

Jodaa said:
next month

I think the PS VR & PS4k, will mean Sony wins those months.

Xbox One takes august though.

True. However, there's a big difference between being hyped and delusional.  It's like what we had here after Xmas 2014, with people saying XBO was making a comeback and would take the US.  Maybe even had a shot at the world.  And here we are with PS4 2:1 WW, most likely more with some of the overtracking, and an almost 2M gap in the US.  And once the Neo drops and the OG SKU's price is $299, that gap is going to grow even more.

Dark_Feanor said:

For the final XOne numbers, without Scorpio or others, doing half the 360 numbers in a little more than half its life is quite a achieviment for a console that would destroy Microsoft game division.

You misunderstood me. I meant half of the 360's sales, all SKUs combined.  It has 22M to go.  A somewhat tall order for a console that's only sold 2.1M so far in its 3rd year, usually a console's peak year, and will most likely be down YOY. A year it sold 8.5M.

Personally, I think it's possible if the sales don't drop like a rock after the PS4 is $249-$299.  And Scorpio most likely won't help much if it's $499-$599.  Even if it's cheaper, it'll just cause a boost in the US and UK. XBO is pretty much dead everywhere else.