By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Kerotan said:
iTzCharlie said:
Everyone, regarding xb1 victory, downplay it talking about the firesales, but no one talks about the slim realising only few week after july.......so typical......

$100 cheaper with multiple games packed in and only sold 10k more than ps4 on an average month for it.  Not good no matter how you look at it.  

3DS on the other hand is impressive. 

well you're doing it wrong. you can't just look at the perfomance in a vacuum and decide it's good or bad, no matter what.
Last year in July the Xb1 sold 30k units less than Ps4. This year it sold 10k more.

That's a 40k difference.

June - July
Last year Ps4 sold 580k and Xb1 490k - 90k sales gap
This year Ps4 sold 390k (33% down YoY) and XB1 380k (23% down YoY)  - 10k sales gap (down 89% YoY)

postive impact on the xb1 sales: big price promotions
negative impact on the xb1 sales: wait for the new model
negative impact on the ps4 sales: no new big game release bundle
negative impact for both consoles the same: no new big game release

so no, the xb1 did not bad no matter how you look at it.
you could rather argue it did kind of well ;)

Around the Network
princevenom said:
Kerotan said:

$100 cheaper with multiple games packed in and only sold 10k more than ps4 on an average month for it.  Not good no matter how you look at it.  

do you have any 3ds numbers 

We just know that it's above XB1 so we have a minimum.  

Jodaa said:
Kerotan said:

well you're doing it wrong. you can't just look at the perfomance in a vacuum and decide it's good or bad, no matter what.
Last year in July the Xb1 sold 30k units less than Ps4. This year it sold 10k more.

That's a 40k difference.

June - July
Last year Ps4 sold 580k and Xb1 490k - 90k sales gap
This year Ps4 sold 390k (33% down YoY) and XB1 380k (23% down YoY)  - 10k sales gap (down 89% YoY)

postive impact on the xb1 sales: big price promotions
negative impact on the xb1 sales: wait for the new model
negative impact on the ps4 sales: no new big game release bundle
negative impact for both consoles the same: no new big game release

so no, the xb1 did not bad no matter how you look at it.
you could rather argue it did kind of well ;)

PS4 selling for $350. That's the key factor here.  It's competing with Xbox in it's strongest market when it's a $350 vs a cheaper xbox and some months insane firesale deals.  

Basically it's good for PlayStation because when it gets a price cut,  slim,  neo it's going to go crazy.  And still only be at $300 which is the current xbox price leaving lots of room for further price cuts over the coming years. 

Kerotan said:
Jodaa said:

PS4 selling for $350. That's the key factor here.  It's competing with Xbox in it's strongest market when it's a $350 vs a cheaper xbox and some months insane firesale deals.  

Basically it's good for PlayStation because when it gets a price cut,  slim,  neo it's going to go crazy.  And still only be at $300 which is the current xbox price leaving lots of room for further price cuts over the coming years. 

i know that. that's why i mentioned the pricecut as a positive impact for the xb1
last year the ps4 sold for $399/$449 and the XB1 for $349/$399

so the xb1 was already cheapter, but performed worse compared to the ps4
now the xb1 is even cheaper and performed better compared to the ps4

TheBlackNaruto said:
Jodaa said:

some1 over there got banned for defending (or attack the mods, depends how you want to look at it) her :D

Speaking of being banned...Prinz I have to give it to you man.....your dedication to this site is other worldly my friend.

how so? when i want to post stuff here, i post stuff. when i get permabanned for being an "alt" i make a new account in 10 seconds.
when i'm bored and don't want to visit this site anymore, i'll stop. that's just not the case (yet). this does not require any dedication. i just don't let other people on internet decide what i am allowed to do or not

Jodaa said:
Kerotan said:

i know that. that's why i mentioned the pricecut as a positive impact for the xb1
last year the ps4 sold for $399/$449 and the XB1 for $349/$399

so the xb1 was already cheapter, but performed worse compared to the ps4
now the xb1 is even cheaper and performed better compared to the ps4

Yeah but the xbox was going for $250 with a number of games thrown in. That's crazy value compared to the ps4. 

If the roles were reversed,  Xbox at $350 and 1 game and ps4 at $250 with 3 games it would outsell it 2:1. 

Xbox sales are anything but impressive.  Ps4 are just average but it's got a lot more to give in future. 

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
ABTR said:

it has some Japanese games yeah Sony is all around the world, Also has exclusives all the previous months with good games, on october the main focus is on VR and close the seasson  with  the Last Guardian, Gravity Rush and GT sports 

What is your point here? xbone last year was the best with exclusives  and still losing, most of NPD months, the real question here is how much a 3 years old 400$ console will sell, because we see here American buy the xbone only with 250$

No point, trying to gauge whether or not it's possible for xbox to take a couple npd's. 

I will say xb1 has in the bag at least August with the new 399 slim plus the 249 OG xb1.  It also has a huge chance in september with the 299 xb1 slim.  

I am just amazed that the 3DS came out on top, makes me wonder how it'll be by the end of the year.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

princevenom said:
the ps4 neo and ps4 slim rumors are killing ps sells at the moment

nope..... it just neds a price drop. Its long past due

By the goddess, 3DS took July's NPD. And it is a little sad for the PS4 and Xbox One being down YOY. The PS4 is a little bit down (30-40k) and they did nothing to increase sales, the drop was mostly because the lack of a big tittle like Batman. Xbox One had a bigger drop (180k) and they had a lot of promotions throught the year. Without the Xbox S's launch the Xbox One would not have such a big drop, but next year would be even worse for the console.

Thanks for the numbers Aquamarine.

Jodaa said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Speaking of being banned...Prinz I have to give it to you man.....your dedication to this site is other worldly my friend.

how so? when i want to post stuff here, i post stuff. when i get permabanned for being an "alt" i make a new account in 10 seconds.
when i'm bored and don't want to visit this site anymore, i'll stop. that's just not the case (yet). this does not require any dedication. i just don't let other people on internet decide what i am allowed to do or not

I know! That's why i say it is other worldly, to continually make new accounts no matter how many times you are banned...that is dedication man!  I am sure you will stop when you want as with anything with anyone. It is just like wow he is dedicated.

OT again

I can't wait to see August numbers with the XB1S! And I love months like this because the community comes back to life and people that I never really see post anymore appear. And some good conversation follows!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23