By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Aquamarine said:
mountaindewslave said:

sorry, but you literally made a comment where you said you felt the 3DS was as dead as the Xbox 360 or PS3. in a period in which the 3DS is #1, and in a year in which the 3DS worldwide beats the Xone like every week. That's an absurd thing to say if you're not looking for drama, and if the implication is that the 3DS WILL be dead because of the NX- no one really as any real confirmation specficially about what the NX truly is and if it will dramatically damage the 3DS. portable suggestions are just rumors so far

I have explained myself multiple times why I think the 3DS is dead. No, it's not nearly *as* dead as the 360 or PS3, but when you look at the overall ecosystem outside of hardware sales it's quite anemic.

I love how the first post after the one where I gave a whole bunch of data is attacking me. What the fuck.

People are very sensitive about their favourite things. Don't give up on us because a few people have taken offence at something you've said. If you're not pissing some people off some of the time then it's not really a proper video game forum. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Sprash said:
Can someone here explain to me this "USA USA USA" mentality nothing else matters is coming from? While it's nice to see this outcome, but people celebrating this as a big chance in the console space when the xbox one still gets beaten worldwide by a good amount of units (heck the hardware sales difference in july in japan is probably way bigger then here in usa).

First we are leaving in "America America America" and eat burgers

second we give  honor to the latest monstrosity MS have ever create and celebrate the latest days of it with that big victory

Third we prepared to welcoming the first console the (xbone s) that looks MS is on a good way, he change and is ready for battle with the king

Fourth we bored ps4 winning every month

Oh my gosh I can't believe the 3DS won, yeeeesssssss.

ABTR said:
hudsoniscool said:
Trying to gauge whether xbox can make a little run with npd. August seams like a win no problem. I'm wondering about September? What exclusives(I know console exclusives in Microsofts case) do ms and Sony have for September?

it has some Japanese games yeah Sony is all around the world, Also has exclusives all the previous months with good games, on october the main focus is on VR and close the seasson  with  the Last Guardian, Gravity Rush and GT sports 

What is your point here? xbone last year was the best with exclusives  and still losing, most of NPD months, the real question here is how much a 3 years old 400$ console will sell, because we see here American buy the xbone only with 250$

No point, trying to gauge whether or not it's possible for xbox to take a couple npd's. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

I guess that's it for Sony then. Microsoft and Nintendo have this gen in the bag.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Wow Sony lost by a whole 10k??!!!? Welp that's it sony's done. They played a good game.

Jesus Christ, Sony. You're slacking. You let the Xbox One completely fill the gap in one month. A whole 10k. You lost the console war just like that.

(lol, seriously, next month's win should be a bit more significant)

Thanks Aqua for the numbers..
with XBO ASP around 258. does this means that most of the sales happened in the last week when it was like $250? with free games and in other weeks it was selling at normal pace?

Shadow1980 said:
Oooh. January 2015 360 & PS3 numbers. Now I can plug that hole in my last-gen charts.

I should have my regular charts updated in a bit. I just got done doing some 4P co-op in ODST in MCC.

January 2015 numbers were the following:

PS4: 189.0K

XBO: 149.8K

WIU: 62.6K

360: 38.8K

PS3: 34.4K