By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone else miss bots?

A rather straightforward question, really.

I was having some fun with my 360 earlier today, but since it got replaced in my room, I have it somewhere else, in a place that unfortunately doesn't have any internet connection available for it. Got myself Gears of War 3 to have some fun, and I really really felt like doing a multiplayer match. Despite not being connected, I still could set up a good ol' classic deathmatch with bots, which are good enough to at least make things a bit entertaining. This got me thinking, I really, really miss bots in multiplayers.

The ability to play against the bots it's not only a convenience for those without internet access; it actually allows you to create gaming sessions which in return gives you the chance to learn the maps, create strategies and test them before bringing them into the real thing, against human opponents. Really, I don't think bots are all that hard to program (they just need to be decent enough), and the fact that they're terribly absent from videogames these days makes me a bit sad. It would also be the perfect alternative for those players who don't care at all about MP achievement/trophies, but then could have an option to get them by playing matches against bots, without having to deal with real-life adversaries.

Bots were cool, and could give you a lot of fun matches. I still remember playing...I think it was Quake 3's campaign, which was nothing but multiplayer with bots. It was very enjoyable!

Around the Network
Wright said:

A rather straightforward question, really.

I was having some fun with my 360 earlier today, but since it got replaced in my room, I have it somewhere else, in a place that unfortunately doesn't have any internet connection available for it. Got myself Gears of War 3 to have some fun, and I really really felt like doing a multiplayer match. Despite not being connected, I still could set up a good ol' classic deathmatch with bots, which are good enough to at least make things a bit entertaining. This got me thinking, I really, really miss bots in multiplayers.

The ability to play against the bots it's not only a convenience for those without internet access; it actually allows you to create gaming sessions which in return gives you the chance to learn the maps, create strategies and test them before bringing them into the real thing, against human opponents. Really, I don't think bots are all that hard to program (they just need to be decent enough), and the fact that they're terribly absent from videogames these days makes me a bit sad. It would also be the perfect alternative for those players who don't care at all about MP achievement/trophies, but then could have an option to get them by playing matches against bots, without having to deal with real-life adversaries.

Bots were cool, and could give you a lot of fun matches. I still remember playing...I think it was Quake 3's campaign, which was nothing but multiplayer with bots. It was very enjoyable!

didnt asked for you opinion...

I thought you were referring to ninalove87 and co.

The trouble is, bots are usually quite crap, with the result that trying to face them without objectives/an underlying story campaign usually ends up being quite dull compared to modern multiplayer/story campaigns. I tried an AoM skirmish the other day and got so bored ten minutes in that I just spammed lazer bears and destroyed my opponent.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

RoIStoppable said:

Now you know it, regardless!

Also, what's wrong with your Points and your profile?

Wright said:
RoIStoppable said:

banned

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

Its an alt account. The real Rol doesn't have an i in his name and wouldn't make grammatical errors.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Too bad it wasn't a "bot" like the one Kantor said.

I miss bots too! I play BO3 with bots a lot, mostly because I dislike people and don't wanna interact with them often (plus it makes me seem like a pro )

Eh, I kinda miss them. VGChartz bots, on the other hand, can go die in a pit full of lava.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Eh, I kinda miss them. VGChartz bots, on the other hand, can go die in a pit full of lava.

You just salty they never wanted to date you!

Wright said:
AZWification said:

You just salty they never wanted to date you!

Meh. I never wanted their love..... :(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---