By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone else miss bots?

Timesplitters 2 bots were great. Almost felt like I was online gaming.

Around the Network

Bots are better, don't have to wait for match making and they don't quite halfway through, nor do they turn around to drive against traffic nor purposefully ram you in the corners. Bots haven't gone anywhere in racing games.

I dont exactly miss them, since Im not a multiplayer guy, but I wont lie saying that they werent cool.The few ones that I did play, they were good for practice like you said, and also could be used to fill up a room when it wasnt full when plaing local multiplayer.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Desperately.

I wish every competitive multiplayer game supported bots.

SvennoJ said:
Bots are better, don't have to wait for match making and they don't quite halfway through, nor do they turn around to drive against traffic nor purposefully ram you in the corners. Bots haven't gone anywhere in racing games.

Because it'd be crazy as heck to sell a racing game without bots to play against. I think that kind of genre demands having bots.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Loved bots back in the day. Anyone remember perfect dark bots?

Yeah, you could put all kind of crazy skins on them and cause some havoc!

Wright said:
SvennoJ said:

Because it'd be crazy as heck to sell a racing game without bots to play against. I think that kind of genre demands having bots.

Same with fighters and other sports games. Why did they disappear for fps? Quake 3 Arena had a nice progression system with bots, why couldn't Titanfall have that. It even has bots build in already.
It's been a long time since I played against bots in fps all the way back to unreal tournament. The auto skill adjustment worked pretty well, kept it interesting instead of shooting lame ducks or being the lame duck while playing online. Why not have the equivalent of drivatars for fps, or hire out your character as team mate Dragon's dogma style. I guess the market is big enough to stick to simple player vs player, no need to risk innovation.

I only play mario kart 8 against bots or splitscreen with a friend and bots. Also ever tried playing against bots on COD ghosts for wii u on hard difficulty or higher? They are godlike, They can see you through walls and the scenery and even on normal they are a real challenge.

Metroid33slayer said:

Also ever tried playing against bots on COD ghosts for wii u on hard difficulty or higher? They are godlike, They can see you through walls and the scenery and even on normal they are a real challenge.

That'd make for an interesting match!

I do. I loved fighting them in ps2's Killzone.