By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 1 $130 Exclusive Collector's Edition has NO GAME

KLXVER said:
Neodegenerate said:

Deliberately obtuse it is then.

Well you trying to evade the backlash aside. Yes, I am offended by shovelware on the Wii. It gave the Wii a bad image in many peoples eyes and made it harder for real talent to succeed on it.

Evade the backlash of you going completely outside the discussed topic to try to prove your already failing point?  Sure if that is what you wanna call it.

The Wii didn't have a bad image in many people's eyes.  It had a bad image in the eyes of the small subsection of video game players referred to as "hardcore" gamers.  Those of us on the forums arguing about pixel count and frame rate.  The "real talent" saw plenty of success on the system with their games.  How many units did Mario Kart Wii move again?  Or Smash Brawl?  The Wii catered to the many by not giving a damn about its reputation among the few.  How else do you explain it selling millions more than its leading competitor?

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
KLXVER said:

Well you trying to evade the backlash aside. Yes, I am offended by shovelware on the Wii. It gave the Wii a bad image in many peoples eyes and made it harder for real talent to succeed on it.

Evade the backlash of you going completely outside the discussed topic to try to prove your already failing point?  Sure if that is what you wanna call it.

The Wii didn't have a bad image in many people's eyes.  It had a bad image in the eyes of the small subsection of video game players referred to as "hardcore" gamers.  Those of us on the forums arguing about pixel count and frame rate.  The "real talent" saw plenty of success on the system with their games.  How many units did Mario Kart Wii move again?  Or Smash Brawl?  The Wii catered to the many by not giving a damn about its reputation among the few.  How else do you explain it selling millions more than its leading competitor?

Yeah, those poor developers that made Mario Kart Wii and Smash Bros. who just wanted their game to do enough so they could feed their family.

The market got oversaturated with shitty games, so it was hard for smaller developers to make any money on it. Not Nintendo themselves obviously...

KLXVER said:
Neodegenerate said:

Yeah, those poor developers that made Mario Kart Wii and Smash Bros. who just wanted their game to do enough so they could feed their family.

The market got oversaturated with shitty games, so it was hard for smaller developers to make any money on it. Not Nintendo themselves obviously...

You mean those same small developers who put out what you just called shovelware?  You are just going in circles now, I think I am done here.

Neodegenerate said:
KLXVER said:

You mean those same small developers who put out what you just called shovelware?  You are just going in circles now, I think I am done here.

You just have problems reading dont you? I clearly stated real talent have a problem succeeding on it.

KLXVER said:
Neodegenerate said:

You just have problems reading dont you? I clearly stated real talent have a problem succeeding on it.

And I countered by showcasing that "real talent" sold games.

Let's take your "real talent" out to other industries and see how it works.

Gee, it's a shame that the Patriots only start Tom Brady.  That guy that played at my high school that had real talent never got his chance to shine in the NFL because of it.

Gee, it's a shame that Brad Pitt starred in that movie.  That guy who played Macbeth in that play across town should've gotten the role instead because he has talent too.

As you can surmise by your clearly superior reading ability talent is both subjective AND hoarded at the top.  Are there talented small devs?  Sure absolutely.  Is the Wii having other games on it the reason their games didn't shine?  Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.  Good games sell regardless.  Real talent prevails regardless.  When they do so they either grow (Bioware before they were what they are today) or they get absorbed (the guy who sold Minecraft to Microsoft) by a larger fish in the sea.  It is business and the way it works in all industries.  You clearly aren't able to see and understand that.

Also, to say that "real talent" had a problem succeeding on a system and then defining "real talent" only as those that had a problem selling on the system... well, you should be able to understand what the implication there is, right?

Around the Network

Here is a strange one with this collectors edition of a game which does not include the game.

It's obviously good for EA since they get to have non platform Collectors editions taking up less warehouse space and such, but also if you look at what it contains in :

Messenger pigeon tube with exclusive DLC content,

Will that DLC content come in the form of 3 separate codes for the PC/X1/PS4 inside the tube, could mean someone buying this version of the box would have a couple of spare codes to give to their friends on other platforms.

I think I'm of the mindset that this is a good idea if it was packaged in stores as loot boxes like the Fallout 4 sets which came separate to the game which you could pick up and I do like that it will take up less space for gaming shops to buy this in so there is more chance that smaller shops will actually be able to stock this version of the CE... that said, I think the name of it should be clearly Battlefield 1 loot, not Collectors edition because it isn't any edition of the game at all, just loot.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Neodegenerate said:
KLXVER said:

Gee, it's a shame that the Patriots only start Tom Brady.  That guy that played at my high school that had real talent never got his chance to shine in the NFL because of it.

Gee, it's a shame that Brad Pitt starred in that movie.  That guy who played Macbeth in that play across town should've gotten the role instead because he has talent too.

As you can surmise by your clearly superior reading ability talent is both subjective AND hoarded at the top.  Are there talented small devs?  Sure absolutely.  Is the Wii having other games on it the reason their games didn't shine?  Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.  Good games sell regardless.  Real talent prevails regardless.  When they do so they either grow (Bioware before they were what they are today) or they get absorbed (the guy who sold Minecraft to Microsoft) by a larger fish in the sea.  It is business and the way it works in all industries.  You clearly aren't able to see and understand that.

Also, to say that "real talent" had a problem succeeding on a system and then defining "real talent" only as those that had a problem selling on the system... well, you should be able to understand what the implication there is, right?

Now who is talking about other things than games? You cant even see the problems with shovelware, so Im done with this conversation...

KLXVER said:
Neodegenerate said:

Now who is talking about other things than games? You cant even see the problems with shovelware, so Im done with this conversation...

My purpose in talking about things other than games was to attempt to help you understand why your point is flawed, and to continue pointing out how deliberately obtuse you are being.  Your purpose was to try to derail the argument because you don't have a leg to stand on.  Just as you are doing here.  Have a good day though it was fun while it lasted!

It's the cost of the other edition minus the cost of the game, so I don't see the issue. Basically this seems like it exists to please both people who buy digital, and people who might change their mind on buying this later.

So basically it's good for two groups of gamers, and bad for zero.

OMFG this thread is gold