By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 1 $130 Exclusive Collector's Edition has NO GAME

I saw this and cracked up initially, but the idea of a collectors edition option without the game (as there is another one with the game) really is a great way to move stock on the CE. As mentioned in here, people like to buy games digitally, or with the EA Access discount, or with the Amazon discount, or a few months after it comes out because they have a backlog and they wanna wait until it is a cheaper price.

This is just another option afforded to the customer base which is pretty sweet. Also, for some people this will be their first Battlefield experience. They may buy the game at retail, fall in love, and want the CE. This gives them the option without being forced to double dip.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
KLXVER said:

You might be ok with more options, but Im not. Thats why I dont like things like microtransactions, store exclusive content, season passes etc...

There are already enough editions. We dont need one without the game. CEs are for big fans of the game. Why wouldnt you buy it day 1 if you love the franchise?

I literally just explained this.

Many of their big fans will already have the game before "Day 1." EA Access members can preloaded the game at a 10% discount and play it a week before the official release. Do those fans not deserve the option of a collector's edition without paying for another copy of the game? Your thinking is simply backwards on this 

If they want to play it before everyone else, then thats their choice. Cant please everyone. Should EA release the same BF1 CE every year for those who werent old enough to play it the year before, just so they have a chance to get the CE?

KLXVER said:
Angelus said:

Many of their big fans will already have the game before "Day 1." EA Access members can preloaded the game at a 10% discount and play it a week before the official release. Do those fans not deserve the option of a collector's edition without paying for another copy of the game? Your thinking is simply backwards on this 

If they want to play it before everyone else, then thats their choice. Cant please everyone. Should EA release the same BF1 CE every year for those who werent old enough to play it the year before, just so they have a chance to get the CE?

If there is enough demand for it, yes.  It's called business and supply and demand.  EA sees an opportunity to move units of the CE without having to provide the base game.

Edit: And this scenario actually is built specifically to please everyone.  Except for you, apparently.

Neodegenerate said:
KLXVER said:

If there is enough demand for it, yes.  It's called business and supply and demand.  EA sees an opportunity to move units of the CE without having to provide the base game.

Edit: And this scenario actually is built specifically to please everyone.  Except for you, apparently.

No its not. What about the people who cant afford it?

KLXVER said:
Angelus said:

lol are you even making sense to yourself right now?

Around the Network
Angelus said:
KLXVER said:

Yes. If you want to release merchandise for a game, then go ahead. Just dont call it a Collectors Edition. Because its not.

Neodegenerate said:
I saw this and cracked up initially, but the idea of a collectors edition option without the game (as there is another one with the game) really is a great way to move stock on the CE. As mentioned in here, people like to buy games digitally, or with the EA Access discount, or with the Amazon discount, or a few months after it comes out because they have a backlog and they wanna wait until it is a cheaper price.

This is just another option afforded to the customer base which is pretty sweet. Also, for some people this will be their first Battlefield experience. They may buy the game at retail, fall in love, and want the CE. This gives them the option without being forced to double dip.

It's really the smartest way.  Make your CE non-specific and simply "bundle" it with a separate game.  That way, you can sell the CE in any shape or form and won't be stuck with too much of one or too little of another afterwards.  All they're doing is making that non-specific edition avaliable to customers.  It's an option that hurts no one at all while probably pleasing a few.

I laughed so hard.
Srsly EA what the fuck are you thinking?

Bandorr said:
Angelus said:

I never could have imagined in my life someone actually saying "You might be ok with more options, but Im not." and being serious.

You must love the several editions of Pokemon then. Maybe they should release 10 versions of every Pokemon game? That would give you lots of options to choose from...

KLXVER said:
Angelus said:

Yes. If you want to release merchandise for a game, then go ahead. Just dont call it a Collectors Edition. Because its not.

Mhm....you're just circle jerking here really. Everything you've said in this thread has been met with valid counterpoints, which you seem to just keep ignoring and then jumping back and forth between your own nonsense "arguments" of "this is terrible period, I hate it, options are bad" to "ok options are fine just call it something else!"