By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 1 $130 Exclusive Collector's Edition has NO GAME

Angelus said:
KLXVER said:

Then add a code for the game. If it doesnt have any way to get the game, then its not a CE. End of story.

A code is still a copy of the game, which takes you right back to full price, so the $190 version. This is for people who will have already had the game (at a discount mind you), by the time this launches 

Then call it a Companion Edition or something.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
KLXVER said:

Then add a code for the game. If it doesnt have any way to get the game, then its not a CE. End of story.

Based on what? You didn't answer any of my questions other than "wait 6 months isnt possible". How is a game outside of the CE any different than one inside the CE? Why can't you simply just open the "CE" and put the game in.

It seems your only problem here is a semantics one. You define CE as one that has a game (even a code counts). So if they called it a "legendary collection" you would suddenly have no problems?

So you would say there was zero problems with Nintendo calling their console the Wii U? Nobody got confused at all?

Sometimes you try a franchise or game for the first time. You wind up loving it, and wish you'd gotten the collector's edition.

On the retail end of this, collector's editions are nearly impossible to sell after the launch of the game, because people who are big enough fans to pay for the CE bought the game day 1, and they don't want to pay for something they already have. When I worked at retail we'd have to mark the CEs down to below the price of a standalone copy to actually sell them. This meant that we were reluctant to order many CEs.

Oh, and this also means you could buy this for whichever system you play on.  So you wouldn't have the problem of finding the CE but only for the wrong console.

This seems to work out for everyone. I can't see any problem besides ridiculous people who want to get hung up on semantics.

KLXVER said:
Angelus said:

A code is still a copy of the game, which takes you right back to full price, so the $190 version. This is for people who will have already had the game (at a discount mind you), by the time this launches 

Then call it a Companion Edition or something.

I'm not arguing the name, I can see how it might be misleading to some (though that online listing clearly states in the bolded headline that the actual game isn't included), merely the legitimacy of the concept to sell such a package 

Bandorr said:
KLXVER said:

So you would say there was zero problems with Nintendo calling their console the Wii U? Nobody got confused at all?

Wow you must be superman because that was one hell of a leap. And you continued to avoid answering my questions.

You simply want to be angry at EA. You can't be angry at the options, so you have to be angry at the name.

People would actually be more confused if there was "legendary edition" and a "collecters edition" because people would wonder why they changed the name simply because they removed the game.

I think I had a previous conversation with you that ended pretty much the same way. So it is my fault for actually expecting anything different the second time. My fault - there wouldn't be a third time.

Never said I was angry at anything but the name and they not including the game. Its your own fault for trying to start something. Try to read what I actually write next time and respond to that. You are one of those people that asks several questions and when I dont answer 1 or 2 of them, then you go and call my reasons completely BS. I posted my reasons for why I didnt like it, but you have to ask 4 questions and hope I dont answer all of them so you can declare yourself the "winner". Its a shady tactic and you should feel bad.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
pokoko said:

What if you're already getting the game from elsewhere?  What if you buy the game, love it, then decide you want the Collector's items?

It's just an option.  Why is an option bad?

Because they call it a Collectors Edition. Without the game, its not. Its just Battlefield 1 merchandise.

I literally do no understand your problem with this.  The game is just the game and can be bought on its own at any tiime.  That's not the part people are collecting.

I'll never understand complaints against more options.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  Just order the edition you want.

As for the people who think this is supposed to fool someone, what does that even mean?  You can buy the game separately.  It would make ZERO sense for them to do that.  Even worse, they'd have to deal with the added expense of returns and repackaging.

Edit:  Update to the idea that some people might be "fooled" by this.  I just looked and you have to literally click "Not Machine Specific" in the drop-down box instead of PC, PS4, or XO.  Yeah, if you think this includes a game that will play on any platform then that mistake is all on you.

Lolll da faq

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If you look more careful on what going on on digital games that is not suprise at all. I stop buying discs long time ago. Now digital offers and discounds is on fire this year.
EA clearly there goal is to make you buy the BF1 from access and if you want figurines shiny art books, you can buy the CE without buy the game twice
I find it good for people buy digital games
Digital games is the future, goodbye discs

pokoko said:
KLXVER said:

Because they call it a Collectors Edition. Without the game, its not. Its just Battlefield 1 merchandise.

I literally do no understand your problem with this.  The game is just the game and can be bought on its own at any tiime.  That's not the part people are collecting.

I'll never understand complaints against more options.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  Just order the edition you want.

As for the people who think this is supposed to fool someone, what does that even mean?  You can buy the game separately.  It would make ZERO sense for them to do that.  Even worse, they'd have to deal with the added expense of returns and repackaging.

You might be ok with more options, but Im not. Thats why I dont like things like microtransactions, store exclusive content, season passes etc...

There are already enough editions. We dont need one without the game. CEs are for big fans of the game. Why wouldnt you buy it day 1 if you love the franchise?

KLXVER said:
pokoko said:

You might be ok with more options, but Im not. Thats why I dont like things like microtransactions, store exclusive content, season passes etc...

There are already enough editions. We dont need one without the game. CEs are for big fans of the game. Why wouldnt you buy it day 1 if you love the franchise?

I literally just explained this.

Many of their big fans will already have the game before "Day 1." EA Access members can preloaded the game at a 10% discount and play it a week before the official release. Do those fans not deserve the option of a collector's edition without paying for another copy of the game? Your thinking is simply backwards on this