By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Olympics Rio 2016 thread - USA Get Most Golds, 2nd GB, 3rd China

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
psychicscubadiver said:

I would agree that being so genetically diverse gives the USA a solid advantage, and a large population is nothing to sneeze at either.

However, our population is 319 million not 450 million. I'm still confused as to where people are getting the 450 million from. Also, the American government doesn't invest anything in the athletes. They must secure sponsership from companies, join professional leagues, or pay their own way.

Population adjusted to weight. The 319 million US-Americans weigh as much as 450 million people.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  

Seriously though where does the 450 figure come from? NA as a whole? 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
RolStoppable said:

Population adjusted to weight. The 319 million US-Americans weigh as much as 450 million people.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  

I looked it and NA is 540m, so I don't really know where did I get the 450m data, I was convinced it was more than 400m for some reason, but I was wrong.

I like Rol's theory though xD

Goodnightmoon said:
Kerotan said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  

I looked it and NA is 540m, so I don't really know where did I get the 450m data, I was convinced it was more than 400m for some reason, but I was wrong.

I like Rol's theory though xD

It's not just you though.  I've heard loads of people over the years use that figure. Weird. 

I think 450m is the predicted population of the US by 2050.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Team GB had a fantastic day today! Very impressive and now they jump to 2nd place in the medal table. This will probably be their best Olympic day ever if Murray get's Gold.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Five golds, UK's best ever day at an away Olympics

Great stuff

Hoping our handball women can secure a gold for us.

What weekend of olympic sport, so many great medals won.

Hmm, pie.

Bolt does it again!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Amazing 400m win by Van Niekerk and a new world record!. 43:03secs in 400m final and he smashes old world record by 0.15 secs.