By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Olympics Rio 2016 thread - USA Get Most Golds, 2nd GB, 3rd China

Tagged games:

MoHasanie said:
Good for Brazil.

I must say, people have been complaining that audience numbers look low, but considering Brazil isn't considered great in most of these sports, it's great that so many people have still come to watch the events.

He was refearing to the fact the audience was booing Lavilenie whenever hed prepare for his attempts, he dind't mean fairregarding attendance numbers, the stadium was quite packed actualy. I know ppl don't quite get it but thats how Brazilians suport everything, the football mentality is strong on the sport culture so we boo everyone thats not our favored team/athlete whatever and we always choose someone to suport even if theres no Brazilian in it, the crowd usualy picks the weakest team/athlete to suport to try and get the little guy to achieve greatness, so its common to see crowds booing USA on a basketball match x Nigeria for example.

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:
MoHasanie said:
Good for Brazil.

I must say, people have been complaining that audience numbers look low, but considering Brazil isn't considered great in most of these sports, it's great that so many people have still come to watch the events.

He was refearing to the fact the audience was booing Lavilenie whenever hed prepare for his attempts, he dind't mean fairregarding attendance numbers, the stadium was quite packed actualy. I know ppl don't quite get it but thats how Brazilians suport everything, the football mentality is strong on the sport culture so we boo everyone thats not our favored team/athlete whatever and we always choose someone to suport even if theres no Brazilian in it, the crowd usualy picks the weakest team/athlete to suport to try and get the little guy to achieve greatness, so its common to see crowds booing USA on a basketball match x Nigeria for example.

I know, but I was talking about something else. 

The athletics stadium was packed, but many of the other events (especially in the first week) were quite empty, and many were criticizing the organisers about it. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

RolStoppable said:
*looks for Austria*

That is your problem. You weren't looking for your country.

Australia

How GB are doing so well, I don't know. We are getting medals we shouldn't, which helps. First ever Hammer medal? Okay.

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:

Well it is really the ogranisers fault. You'd like to see plenty of Brazilians there of course, but you'd also like to see foreign fans there. If the cost of tickets for the olympics are too high for both of those... well they aren't going to be there. The organisers set the ticket prices so they are the ones to blame.

Depends also on what people want to see. When I watched some of the judo it was packed for even the heats. Yet early gymnastics, even men's team final, was basically empty.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

So close to getting 2 gymnastics medals.. Oh well!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So the us athletes are superior beings and still don't have 1000 gold medals? Seems like this one guy was wrong.

Disappointing Olympic Games due to very  low crowd attendances and the lack of new world records. 

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Disappointing Olympic Games. Low crowd attendances and lack of new world records.

Not been paying attention I see. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_and_Olympic_records_set_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

The 400m Men's record and 10km Women's ones alone make this athletics meet a stand out one.

Hmm, pie.

Hopefully Bolt will set a new world record by breaking 19 seconds in 200m.
Sub 19 seconds for 200m!