By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MCV: NX Graphics In Between A PS3 And PS4

How can people be excited for this? A console with a mobile processor? PS3-like graphics? If true, Nintendo will be behind TWO generations instead of one, which started with the Wii. This better be the successor to only the 3DS. I don't buy consoles to play some crappy mobile-like games in the train. Home consoles are supposed to be up to date power-wise for the most immerse gaming experience.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
How can people be excited for this? A console with a mobile processor? PS3-like graphics? If true, Nintendo will be behind TWO generations instead of one, which started with the Wii. This better be the successor to only the 3DS. I don't buy consoles to play some crappy mobile-like games in the train. Home consoles are supposed to be up to date power-wise for the most immerse gaming experience.

It's between PS3 and PS4, which is pretty incredible for a movable device. 

If you want a dedicated home console with the highest specs, buy a PS4 Neo or Scorpio, Nintendo is not in that rat race. 

HintHRO said:

Maybe they dont need more power? or cant build big budget games that require that much power?

The exciting part is the unified platform.

3DS+Wii U games library mixed together, is much better than the Wii U's alone.

I still dont think the NX will get good 3rd party support (its console is too differnt from the other 2).

However its 1st/2nd party games should be better for the NX than it was for the Wii U, thats enough for alot of people to get them excited.

Conina said:
Soundwave said:

Battery will have to be huge, probably like 10000 MaH if not slightly more ... good thing is batteries are dirt cheap, even at retail you can buy a battery that size for like $25 if you shop around, meaning the price for Nintendo ordering in millions would probably be under $15 for that part. 

10000 mAh? In a handheld form factor? How heavy and clunky would such a handheld be? And how much heat would it produce in demanding games, if it draws more power than an average tablet? 

Also we are talking about Nintendo, who gave the Wii U tablet controller a measly 1500 mAh battery although it had space for a much bigger battery.

It would have to be fairly large, probably about the size of the Wii U tablet, maybe sleeker. 

The iPad Pro is huge, but extremely thin, it has a battery in that range, the advantage the NX has is it can't be that thin, it needs to have 2-3x the thickness to be able to be gripped comfortably for gaming. So that would give them a lot of room for a monster battery. 

Mar1217 said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
People need to stop thinking this is a home console. It is not. This is a hand held. No matter how you slice it, this thing will be massively successful if what is being rumored is true. How can it fail? Nintendo titles, hand held third party support, cutting edge technology, and the ability to be played on a television. What is to go wrong?

But people need to understand this is NOT a home console. Those expectations and comparisons are completely off base. How much clearer do you want these people to be? It uses cartridges for fucks sake. This is not a freaking home console. It can be played at home, but this is a hand held. At this point, the people that still think this will be a home console are straight out being ignorant.
As
And to those that think this console and the attachment for the television or any other parts should be sold separately, stop it. We better get everything we need, in the box or Nintendo is letting us down. This whole, multiple SKU approach has been a bane on the video game industry since its introduction. One of the failures of Wii U was that very approach. Keep it simple. If you want to reach the largest possible audience, keep everyone at an equal starting point. Just put it all in the box from day one. Keep this shit as simple as possible. Pack it all in and the system will sell itself to everyone.

Then, do you have any concrete proof to back up what you're saying ?  

"if what is being rumored is true" in my post. I always make clear I am running on the assumption these rumors are true. Always. It seems everyone says this to me when they have no developed argument against what I am saying. So, I always have, "if what is rumored is true" somewhere in my post to cover my reaction is to this rumor and I am working under the same assumption as everyone else, that these rumors are true.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Conina said:

10000 mAh? In a handheld form factor? How heavy and clunky would such a handheld be? And how much heat would it produce in demanding games, if it draws more power than an average tablet? 

Also we are talking about Nintendo, who gave the Wii U tablet controller a measly 1500 mAh battery although it had space for a much bigger battery.

It would have to be fairly large, probably about the size of the Wii U tablet, maybe sleeker. 

The iPad Pro is huge, but extremely thin, it has a battery in that range, the advantage the NX has is it can't be that thin, it needs to have 2-3x the thickness to be able to be gripped comfortably for gaming. So that would give them a lot of room for a monster battery. 

An iPad Pro also weights over 700 gram. Even the 600 gram of the Nvidia shield was a dealbreaker for me.

If the NX weights more than an 3DS XL (330 gram), which ain't a lightweight either, I wouldn't carry it around very often.

Conina said:
Soundwave said:

An iPad Pro also weights over 700 gram. Even the 600 gram of the Nvidia shield was a dealbreaker for me.

If the NX weights more than an 3DS XL (330 gram), which ain't a lightweight either, I wouldn't carry it around very often.

330 grams ain't happening. 600 grams is probably more realistic. 

Soundwave said:
Conina said:

330 grams ain't happening. 600 grams is probably more realistic. 

Then it will fail as a portable handheld. 400 gram would be barely tolerable.

Of course I want a powerful handheld, but not at the expense of portability.

But Wii U graphics are in between PS3 and PS4. So we're not going to see much graphics improvement for the home console enthusiast, possibly no actual improvement.

If true, clearly NX is a handheld console, but by the way you can also plug it into your TV and play it like a home console. Fine by me, that presentation makes it somewhat me likely someone in my family will buy it. The big question though is whether it will simply maintain the current level of 3DS + Wii U user base or if it will grow the userbase. I assume Nintendo wants to sell 100 million of these, not 60-odd million. Though 60 million would be a fine result in itself.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Uh, the PS Vita has had top notch graphics for years now. I'd rate the Vita right around PS3 graphics. The NX just isn't appealing to me yet. I'm plenty content with my Wii U and 3DS.