By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is playing the waiting game with us, should they announce Neo already?

Just a question, if yes where should it be and what specs do you want? 

I want 5.5tf GPU 8gb Vram, New CPU ZEN >2ghz 8 cores, 12gb Gddr5 Ram, lower API, Vulkan support included. 

New Pro Controller and Elite Controller, Pro 79.99€ and Elite 149.99€.

UHD support across everything, upscale in games (optional). 

Around the Network

i realy don't think Neo will be coming this year... I think we are going to get Ps4 neo late next year.

I really wish it comes this year, but strongly think it won't. I keep going back and forth on that though.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that at PSX this year it would be announced and come to market around February 2017. or maybe at TGS or Paris games week.

The way I see it, while MS was doing its XB1s die shrink, Sony was obviously working on something. and that something is the Neo. I believe its ready right now and the only reason we aren't seeing it now is cause Sony is waiting for yields to improve so they can upclock the thing and give everyone a 5TF GPU.

iNathan said:

I want 5.5tf GPU 8gb Vram, New CPU ZEN >2ghz 8 cores, 12gb Gddr5 Ram, lower API, Vulkan support included. 

I don't think you're getting any of that.

It's bad if you announce something too early, and it's bad if you don't announce it. They'll announce it when they're ready to do it.

Around the Network

They need to actually develop tech that utilizes the extra horse power.

You won't get any of that you just said. They are not going from a unified memory pool to a split memory pool. That makes no sense.
Why would the change the core architecture like that? You will get faster clock speeds propably but never ever to the extend you are asking for.

There is no reason for Sony as a console to compete with high end graphics cards.
What microsoft is doing seems.... risky...
They are leaving the Xbox one behind big time.
Xbox one has no VR but Scorpio is going to have VR which means there will be games on scorpio that won't ever play on xbone.

BraLoD said:
Sony is playing the waiting game with me with LoD since 2000... XP

Yh, i can imagine they made you buy a PS3 for it, and then a PS4. 

Well, the PS5 is just around the corner tho, certainly the game will come for that console. :)

We will have to wait till Gamescon to find out info

bunchanumbers said:
iNathan said:

That's what I was thinking when I was reading that, lol. 

NobleTeam360 said:
bunchanumbers said:

That's what I was thinking when I was reading that, lol. 

I mean it in the nicest way. But this reads like a ultimate fantasy list.