By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is playing the waiting game with us, should they announce Neo already?

The Fury said:
iNathan said:

Sony should so a Elite Controller like Xbox One did, it would be neat.

They don't need to, their controller is already Elite.

Burn?

that's kind of my point though... what ever could be improved on this controller? certainly nothing worth 100 eur extra, but hey, i'm not judging

Around the Network

I think they are just waiting to have something concrete to show with the reveal. Games that actually take advantage of the Neo's improved capabilities. I suppose they could have something to show at either Gamescom or TGS.

iNathan said:

Just a question, if yes where should it be and what specs do you want? 

I want 5.5tf GPU 8gb Vram, New CPU ZEN >2ghz 8 cores, 12gb Gddr5 Ram, lower API, Vulkan support included. 

New Pro Controller and Elite Controller, Pro 79.99€ and Elite 149.99€.

PUHD support across everything, upscale in games (optional). 

Sony can't afford release console with that spec it will cost them so much I know ps4 making lots of money for them but the company still not in good position they will release neo but it won't be that powerful those rumor specs about ps neo will be true 

Considering how many first party games have been delayed, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Neo games have needed additional time. Unless games like Horizon, GOW and Spidey are already being built with Neo in mind.

I hope we get an announcement soon. I need a second ps4 soon because my wife is stealing my ps4 to watch TV on ps4 vue so I decided to upgrade rather than buy an original ps4

Around the Network
iNathan said:

Just a question, if yes where should it be and what specs do you want? 

I want 5.5tf GPU 8gb Vram, New CPU ZEN >2ghz 8 cores, 12gb Gddr5 Ram, lower API, Vulkan support included. 

New Pro Controller and Elite Controller, Pro 79.99€ and Elite 149.99€.

UHD support across everything, upscale in games (optional). 

More ram than vram on a console that doesn't do much multitasking? Gddr as main ram? That doesn't make any sense. That is just wasted money. Ps neo will not be like that at all, Sony engineers aren't sleeping on the job.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they've decided to delay it to change the spec so it matches more closely to the Xbox upgraded version.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

setsunatenshi said:
The Fury said:

They don't need to, their controller is already Elite.

Burn?

that's kind of my point though... what ever could be improved on this controller? certainly nothing worth 100 eur extra, but hey, i'm not judging

Battery life! It's kind of awful. That would be my only real complaint. I really like the PS4 controller but being used to 80 hours of lifetime on the Wii U pro controller 6-8 from the dualshock 4 is a wakeup call when u forget to charge it or shut your PS4 down after a session.

As for the OP. Why would you need those specs? Seriously.

Well they need to hurry up and announce it, set a price point and release date already.

I had almost pulled the trigger on buying a PS4 to be able to play Uncharted 4 when it was released but then there was a flood of information about the PS4 Neo. The news about the Neo is the only thing preventing me from buying a PS4.
And, no, I will not buy a PS4 only to re-sell it months later to save $100 on a Neo, that would be a waste of over $200.

This Neo thing is starting to frustrate me quite a bit.

Mbolibombo said:
setsunatenshi said:

Battery life! It's kind of awful. That would be my only real complaint. I really like the PS4 controller but being used to 80 hours of lifetime on the Wii U pro controller 6-8 from the dualshock 4 is a wakeup call when u forget to charge it or shut your PS4 down after a session.

As for the OP. Why would you need those specs? Seriously.

i take your point on battery life, sure that could get a boost. i didn't even consider it because i have 2 ds4 and if one is running low on battery i plug it in and start using the 2nd one.

on pc i use it wired through usb so it's a non factor for me personally.

but still... no need to ask for a 150 eur controller just for that