By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Suicide Squad fans petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes after negative reviews- Will it Break 100 million in its first weekend domestic?

How much the first Weekend?

50-75 Million 29 21.32%

75-100 million 19 13.97%

50 million or less 11 8.09%

100 million or more 37 27.21%

Other 0 0%

See results 5 3.68%

I am seeing it, no thoughts on gross 4 2.94%

I am not seeing it, no thoughts on gross 15 11.03%

Might see it, no thoughts on gross 4 2.94%

ioi 12 8.82%

Total:136

Do people really trust reviews?

Around the Network

My understanding is that WB, in addition to owning DC comics, owns a 30% stake in RottenTomatoes, which in turn is an aggregator, not a reviewer.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rotten tomatos is good for you to see the Marvel dick ridding in reviews.

Iron Man 3 (2013) 79%

Thor (2011) 77%

Thor: The Dark World (2013) 66%

All shit movies that i think i WAY worse than man of steal or BvsS

Iron Man 2/3 and Thor 1/2 were so boring...I fell asleep during Dark World.

I liked man of steel(not steal :P), but I found BvS extremely mediocre and 'meh'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Ppl understand that shutting down a site that simply averages review scores won't change the review scores themselves right ?

I saw the movie, its quite bad, the script is a mess, characters, aside from Harley and Deadshot, have 0 development and some of them are completly useless like Killer Croc and Captain Boomerang. The vilain is pathetic, it manages to be worse than Malekith on Thor the Dark World, it is almost as bad as Doctor Doom from Fantastic 4. O and the action scenes are just bad, theres nothing memorable there, slow motion is way overused (theres a segement that goes for what felt like 30 seconds in slowmo, I was like OK can you just let the movie play in normal speed already plz), the editing is choppy and the enemys they are fighting are, for the most part, super forgetable. The reviewers were simply being honest, this is a bad movie, it sucks I realy wanted it to be good...

DakonBlackblade said:

Ppl understand that shutting down a site that simply averages review scores won't change the review scores themselves right ?

People are stupid. You know that.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rotten tomatos is good for you to see the Marvel dick ridding in reviews.

Iron Man 3 (2013) 79%

Thor (2011) 77%

Thor: The Dark World (2013) 66%

All shit movies that i think i WAY worse than man of steal or BvsS

While all those 3 are definitely mediocre movies, still found them way better than MoS or BvsS, BvsS goes down as one of the worst superhero movies for me of the last decade. Personally I think they got the ratings spot on for those 2 suck fests, just Iron man 3 and the 2 thor movies are definitely overrated and need to come down a little.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

This is a small group of idiots, yes, but I think it's emblematic of a disturbing trend I've been noticing. I see a lot of consumers appear to mistrust reviewers, critics, and journalism in general. It's like a weird anti-intellectual movement and it's awfully scary to me. I just want to remind everyone: it's the job of critics to inform public opinion, not reflect it.

Well the main difference between journalists and "reviewers" and "critics" is that journalists typically have a university degree, and are bound to a code of ethics, and "reviewers" and "critics" are people expressing their opinions on the internet. I grew up with one of the top journalists in the country who works for a national news organization and she has a lot to say about how bloggers and youtubers make people like her seem less credible to the general public. Anyone can get online and pretend they're an authority, or pretend they have a credible source, or be paid to say the things they're saying and never report that they're being paid for it, and say whatever they want within the limits of the law and not be held accountable for it. She is actually held to a much higher standard, and her organization can face huge fines and legal consequences if she steps out of line the way many bloggers and youtubers do.

So maybe that's why you see a lot of mistrust - there are people poisoning the well so to speak.

Crazy thought, but maybe DC's rushed new filmverse just aint very good.

Fucking grow up. That's my extensive take on it.

BvS buyers have learnt their lesson, reckon this will flop hard.