By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Suicide Squad critically off to a bad start: 26%RT & 41%Metacritic(Updated)

This is just getting silly at this point. DC just seems incapable of putting together a film that's good and overall well made from beginning to end. From the reviews I got the picture that Suicide Squad starts out promising as it introduces the characters, but just falls flat afterwards. Hopefully Wonder Woman can turn things around for the series.

Around the Network

I just read the IGN review, and just feel like its deffenitely not worth going to the theatre for, too bad.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Batman Vs. Superman still made over $800+ million worldwide, there will be plenty more Batman/Superman films made at least.

Though personally I'm getting sick of superhero movies anyway, even the Marvel ones have become formulaic and boring. 

No surprise. I was really hoping this would be a good movie, but something got me nervous when I saw that this movie was rated PG-13.

What?? What the hell happened? Looking at the trailer, it looked very good. If it really turns out bad, I have no hope for justice league.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Batman Vs. Superman still made over $800+ million worldwide, there will be plenty more Batman/Superman films made at least.

Though personally I'm getting sick of superhero movies anyway, even the Marvel ones have become formulaic and boring. 

Well if a franchise is in the longer run disappoiting, it does take hits eventually, which causes smaller levels of success.  

This time I want to have faith in the Movie and not in the reviewers, I'll watch it, the trailers were just too good for it to be THIS bad...

Darashiva said:
This is just getting silly at this point. DC just seems incapable of putting together a film that's good and overall well made from beginning to end. From the reviews I got the picture that Suicide Squad starts out promising as it introduces the characters, but just falls flat afterwards. Hopefully Wonder Woman can turn things around for the series.

Yep, that's what I've been reading. It starts out with a really promising opening, then turns into a boring cliched mess. 

Wha-a-a-a-at? This movie looked so awesome. I'm starting to think that (Christopher Nolan movies notwithstanding) DC only makes good trailers.

I really don't even care anymore.
Critics are just journalists who are paid to go watch a movie and write about it to put on the entertainment page of their newspapers website.

Further, I've seen so many inconsistencies in the reviews from BvS to SS. Plus, I swear if the movie doesn't have a Disney/Marvel tag on it, some critics will shred it regardless.

DC's movies are darker and grittier. That much has proven to be true. I simply think critics want too much of a safe 13 and under prose that virtually all of the MCU movies have (the writing and tones are simple and safe for all ages to understand and not be too offended by). 
If you look at Edward Norton's Incredible Hulk, it's arguably the darkest movie of the bunch and wasn't well received at all, but I actually liked it. I also liked BvS...

So, I'm gonna go see Suicide Squad and forget about what the critics are saying. They aren't a point of authority in my life.