By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2016: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl LI

Who will win Super Bowl LI?

New England Patriots 51 47.66%

Kansas City Chiefs 3 2.80%

Pittsburgh Steelers 6 5.61%

Other (AFC) 3 2.80%

Dallas Cowboys 10 9.35%

Atlanta Falcons 15 14.02%

Seattle Seahawks 5 4.67%

Green Bay Packers 5 4.67%

Other (NFC) 4 3.74%

Scoreboard 5 4.67%

Total:107
RolStoppable said:
The Chargers are crazy. Even when it seemed hopeless, the Broncos somehow still had a chance left to get into overtime after recovering an onside kick with 27 seconds left. The Chargers should be grateful that Siemian's arm strength is laughable. I mean, come on. The final play started in the half of the Chargers and Siemian's hail mary pass dropped down at San Diego's 10-yard-line. Compare that to the bomb that Aaron Rodgers threw in Detroit last season where the ball had to travel 60 yards in the air.

Anyway, important win for the Chargers. Would have been a shame if they had dropped to 1-5. At 2-4 they can hang around a little longer, but a turnaround seems unlikely, given their injuries and their tendency to fail to close out games that they should win.

Well to be fair Siemian was getting swarmed with pressure and Rodgers wasn't but yeah an NFL quarterback should have had that in the endzone.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
alternine said:

Well to be Siemian was getting swarmed with pressure and Rodgers wasn't but yeah an NFL quarterback should have that in the endzone.

Rodgers had to spin out of the pocket because his O-line couldn't block all pass rushers for so many seconds. Remember, his receivers had to run down the field 60 yards, that takes some time.

So to be fair to Siemian, what he displayed tonight simply wasn't fit for an NFL level. Previously in the game some of his throws were seriously inviting injuries to his wide receivers; imprecise high throws into double coverage. Catch the ball and you are dead.

I agree. He definitely has to work on his accuracy.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Took a chance picking the Chargers but I had a feeling they'd pull this one out.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

lol if the Chargers weren't so "good" at falling apart in the waning minutes of games they might be one of the best teams in the league this season

DEN-SD 1 SF-BUF 1 PHI-WAS 1 CLE-TEN 2
BAL-NYG 1 CAR-NO 2 JAX-CHI 1 LA-DET 1
PIT-MIA 1 CIN-NE 2 KC-OAK 2 ATL-SEA 2
DAL-GB 2 IND-HOU 2 BYE   NYJ-ARI  ARI by 7

Time for another terrible week, or my first great week.

DAL vs GB is interesting since Cowboys historically travel well and GB historically does well at home.

SF vs BUF BUF has been doing well but Kaep is starting, they will either win or lose hard just like my picks this week. They have their backs to the wall and it is time that they make some upsets, even though they have almost 0% chance to make playoffs now.

CIN vs NE could be competitive, should be a good game to watch

ATL vs SEA ATL has been on fire lately but will it stick??? 5-0 was their record at the start of last year and they ended up 8-8.

All others pretty self explanatory.

Around the Network
Angelus said:

DEN-SD  2 SF-BUF  2 PHI-WAS 1 CLE-TEN  1
BAL-NYG  2 CAR-NO  2 JAX-CHI LA-DET  2
PIT-MIA  1 CIN-NE  2 KC-OAK 1 ATL-SEA  2
DAL-GB  1 IND-HOU  2 BYE   NYJ-ARI 1 by 3

Couple of small changes, taking Dallas over Green Bay, and the Chiefs over the Raiders

Angelus said:
Angelus said:

DEN-SD  2 SF-BUF  2 PHI-WAS 1 CLE-TEN  1
BAL-NYG  2 CAR-NO  2 JAX-CHI LA-DET  2
PIT-MIA  1 CIN-NE  2 KC-OAK 1 ATL-SEA  2
DAL-GB  1 IND-HOU  2 BYE   NYJ-ARI 1 by 3

Couple of small changes, taking Dallas over Green Bay, and the Chiefs over the Raiders

I hope you're right

RolStoppable said:
DEN-SD 1 SF-BUF 2 PHI-WAS 1 CLE-TEN 2
BAL-NYG 2 CAR-NO   JAX-CHI 1 LA-DET 1
PIT-MIA 1 CIN-NE 2 KC-OAK 1 ATL-SEA 2
DAL-GB 2 IND-HOU 2 BYE   NYJ-ARI 2 by 7

I was leaving the country last week as I made my picks, so it was pretty much gut reactions.  I guess I did ok for making all the picks in about 20 seconds.

Missed Thursday since I was just getting back.  That is ok.  Would have picked Denver anyway.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
RolStoppable said:
DEN-SD 1 SF-BUF 2 PHI-WAS 1 CLE-TEN 2
BAL-NYG 2 CAR-NO 1 JAX-CHI 1 LA-DET 1
PIT-MIA 1 CIN-NE 2 KC-OAK 1 ATL-SEA 2
DAL-GB 2 IND-HOU 2 BYE   NYJ-ARI 2 by 7

I was leaving the country last week as I made my picks, so it was pretty much gut reactions.  I guess I did ok for making all the picks in about 20 seconds.

Missed Thursday since I was just getting back.  That is ok.  Would have picked Denver anyway.

Oops, forgot the Carolina at New Orleans game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

DEN-SD 2 SF-BUF 2 PHI-WAS 1 CLE-TEN 2
BAL-NYG 1 CAR-NO 2 JAX-CHI 1 LA-DET 2
PIT-MIA 1 CIN-NE 2 KC-OAK 2 ATL-SEA 1
DAL-GB 1 IND-HOU 2 BYE   NYJ-ARI  ARI by 3

Looking at some of the other predictions I'm either going to do very well or shit the bed.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)