By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Third-party games on WiiU - were they worth it?

Well, were they?

Definitively. Enough awes... 13 8.50%

Yeah. Should have been more, though. 36 23.53%

Yes. Very little, but there they are. 31 20.26%

I don't really know. 2 1.31%

I don't play third-party... 5 3.27%

I don't play these, Nint... 5 3.27%

No, there were some good ... 35 22.88%

No, I can't think of anything good, really. 15 9.80%

No, I dislike whatever li... 3 1.96%

Would you kindly show me the answers? 8 5.23%

Total:153
fleischr said:
I haven't yet gotten into Darksiders 2. I hope that along with Darksiders 1 will help scratch my Zelda itch for the rest of 2016

Darksiders II on Wii U is a pretty bad port, but Darksiders 1 Remastered is coming to Wii U soon and could be a good conversion.

Around the Network

Lol oops. You are right.

Idk... but Zombi U and Wonderful 101 were worth it!

Contrary to popular belief, I found Wii's third-party games to be much more enjoyable and varied than WiiU's.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Contrary to popular belief, I found Wii's third-party games to be much more enjoyable and varied than WiiU's.

I completely agree. The Wii actually had a lot of really interesting third party curiosities and some real hidden gems.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

I wouldn't call that popular belief. I thought that people agreed most Wii third-party games were good, which in extention also made them more varied (at least in quantity?) than WiiU's.

Wright said:
TomaTito said:

I wouldn't call that popular belief. I thought that people agreed most Wii third-party games were good, which in extention also made them more varied (at least in quantity?) than WiiU's.

That was the consensus for the first year, at least that was the feeling I got from here. At last proper third party support with ports such as Batman Arkham City, CoD BO2, Fifa/Madden and NFS MWU. Ubisoft tried to do something with ZombiU and Rayman Legends, even though they lost faith on the latter.

The Wii also had ports, but the first year third parties that stood out for me were titles such as Trauma Center Second Opinion, Eledees/Elebits, Kororinpa, Super Swing Golf and Zack&Wiki. And I'm only comparing the first year since WiiU support fell after launch. 

@curl: Lots of interesting stuff :)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
Wright said:

That was the consensus for the first year, at least that was the feeling I got from here. At last proper third party support with ports such as Batman Arkham City, CoD BO2, Fifa/Madden and NFS MWU. Ubisoft tried to do something with ZombiU and Rayman Legends, even though they lost faith on the latter.

The Wii also had ports, but the first year third parties that stood out for me were titles such as Trauma Center Second Opinion, Eledees/Elebits, Kororinpa, Super Swing Golf and Zack&Wiki. And I'm only comparing the first year since WiiU support fell after launch. 

That's another thing that gives Wii an edge though; that third party support didn't vanish after its first year.

In it's 4th year, Wii got Goldeneye 007, COD Black Ops, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, Sonic Colours, Sonic All Stars Racing...

I have three 3rd party games for Wii U right now, and two 1st party games, and I'm planning on getting at least one more 3rd party game: Rayman Legends. But I don't think the 3rd party support is good enough to warrant a buy by themselves.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I enjoyed Freedom Planet and Shantae on my WiiU so those were worth it for me.