GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
think-man said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I'm on none of those groups, the game was just fantastic and is widely considered as one of the very best of the saga, if you want to believe that is because Vivi is cute then go on but it makes no sense, and honestly to think that a bag of shit like II, the most infamous of the saga for very good reasons, is way better than IX... well, hard to understand tbh but opinions I guess.

I honestly thought op was trolling when i entered the thread lol either that or he's lying and has never really finished most FF's. FFIX is usually regarded the best FF amongst FF enthusiasts or at least top 3, its also the highest rated FF on the metacritic and was the creator of FFs true vision of how he wanted FF to be. 

I've played FFIX through to disc three before I got sick of it. Every character design is an eyesore, every line was nail on a chalkboard, and the plot was just... Forgettable. I keep trying to remember what I was working against in the game, but it's just a mess of ugly character designs and generic Fantasy settings. And if I wanted generic Fantasy, I was going to do it with a job system, not a preteen with a tail. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

think-man said:
Op has terrible taste lol ranks FFV first lmao i get the feeling he only played that game once because i recently replayed it and....Yeeeeeah.

Anyhow id say.

1. FFIX
2. FFVII
3. FFVIII
4. FFX
5. FFVI
6. FFIV
7. FFXII
8. FFV
9. FF
10. FFXIII
11. FFII

I don't count online FF as mainline games sorry.

Beat it once, played through to Galuf dying on numerous occasions. The only titles I feel spending more time in could change their ordering are VI, IV, and III. Otherwise I've logged roughly 20 hours in each game, some more than others (Tactics/WotL has the largest playtime, but it's still a spinoff).

There are a few things I consider in Final Fantasy games:

1. Job System. I love the job system. It was neat in 3, fleshed out in 5, and perfected in Tactics. 

2. Character design. JRPGs are stylistic ventures, so i don't want my protagonist looking like an idiot. As far as my personal taste is concerned, the best way to look like an idiot is to dress like any character in IX... Except Blank (he's the only reason I made it so far into IX... I wanted him back on my team, I was just unaware that he didn't return to the party).

3. If no job system is present, characters should be fairly open in what they can do. It's one reason I like the Materia system so much. Plug in a ball, you know magic. Your stats are adjusted to reflect that. It's great. The Sphere Grid was great, too. The Draw System... Well, I didn't hate it. I definitely liked other things more, though. 

4. The story. It has to reach me and connect with me. The best way to do that is by tying a major gameplay mechanic to an aspect of the story (ie, Materia), but i will always prefer a Job system to this. I'd like to reiterate that the most playtime in a Final Fantasy I've had is Tactics, and I'm still not sure what's going on. I'm in it for the job system. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
weaveworld said:
Did you just put IX behind every other mainline FF...? oh boy... ;p

I did, but only because of the trash characters, trash story, trash dialogue, and... Well, I suppose the actual combat was okay. a Return to four characters, even if every single character on screen was an eyesore.

Some strong opinion there.  

I don't see the 'eyesore' you are talking about though. You might not enjoy the character design or art or entire design of the game but an eyesore? 

It's been awhile but I enjoyed it quite a lot. Not because of Vivi or Kuja but the game as a whole was an enjoyable Final Fantasy ride.

To each his own though, I wouldn't dare telling someone who played so many FF's that he has bad taste... ;p

1. FFIX

2. FFVI

3. FFVIII

4. FFIV

5. FFXV

6. FFXIII

7. FFV
Other entries haven't played or finished.

Around the Network

1. Final Fantasy 10

2. Final Fantasy 12

3. Final Fantasy 7

4. Final Fantasy 3

5. Final Fantasy 6

6. Final Fantasy 5

7. Final Fantasy 1

8. Final Fantasy 8

9. Final Fantasy 9

10. Final Fantasy 13

11. Final Fantasy 2

12. Final Fantasy 4

13. Final Fantasy 14

14. Final Fantasy 11

I haven't played I, II and V. My ranking would be:

1. Final Fantasy VIII
2. Final Fantasy IV
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Final Fantasy IX
5. Final Fantasy X
6. Final Fantasy XII
7. Final Fantasy III
8. Final Fantasy XIII
9. Final Fantasy VII

I will list only mainline and offline (that i played):

1.VIII
2.VI
3.XII
4.IV
5.IX
6.VII
7.V
8.X
9.XIII

I'm actually glad so many put FF VIII in very high spots!

Wright said:

I'm actually glad so many put FF VIII in very high spots!

I love FFVIII it's a great game imo.