By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Leaker (Rumor): NX Is Modular, Upgradable, Uses Tegra X1 Successor

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
not complicated at all, and this sounds like a great idea, so much better than what Eurogamer lea suggested, especially for Nintendo fans

I'm afraid it's too good to be true :/

No one said they're different ideas. This could be looked at as an extention of what Eurogamer reported. Equally this rumour is older so maybe Nintendo has since simplied it to what Eurogamer reported :) 

Around the Network

I want this!

Switch!!!

Sounds fake. like, very fake lol

Lrdfancypants said:

This would be excellent if true. 

I do not think people would be confused by this. We live a cell phone world now where everyday people read specs on their telephone for goodness sake upgrading to the latest and greatest power phones buying accessories and battery packs and charging stations etc...

This new console philosophy fits better with the current times than the old I think. We shall see if someone actually tries it. 

Since when everyday people read specs to know which phone to buy...?

People just buy the latest phone because its a popular trend, not to mention thats the "cool" thing to do.Its not because "ohhhh this has x RAM processing power and a double core capable of running the best games!".They buy because "Ohhhhh its the Iphone 6!I will be lame if I stay with my Iphone 5S!".

They know that it will be more powerful, but they dont know how much, and they dont care.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

teigaga said:
I think people are jumping to the extremes. Whats the difference between a modular console and the Wii (with the wii remote, Nunchuck, Sensor bar, the classic controller, the wii fit board, wii speak, wii motion + etc) ?

Modularity being one of the key design principle behind the system does not mean that the NX will launch day 1 with 10 different configurations or that Nintendo is going make consumers build their own system from scratch.

NX out of the box
-NX console (a portable unit with a detachable screen and controllers )
-Basic HDMI dock (for TV gaming)

NX marketing: Tablet/Handheld/Console all in one. Like the Tablet/Laptop combos which are increasing in popularity.

OPTIONAL NX accessories.
-Traditional Controller(s)
-NX+ (a more powerful dock for better graphics/resolution/performance)
-1080p/OLED screen (available a later point)

From a consumer stand point, whats so confusing about this?

I would think that too if I didn't remember how much confusion came from a simple concept like the Wii U and its gamepad as well as Nintendo's tendency to use confusing naming conventions for their product lines.

Around the Network

I just can't wait for Nintendo to finally reveal this.

Sound too complex, confusing and expensive. And the source has almost no credibility.

No, I don't believe it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If you think this is complicated, I pitty you trying to play Pokemon Go. It's basically Wii U but the Gamepad also has brains and you can take it anywhere. The two chips could work together for more power.

It's odd that most people saying it's too confusing don't game on Nintendo systems.  Other systems must be really simple. 

Soundwave said:
Something like this

Base NX (Micro Console): $149.99, 540p-720p graphics, (500 GFLOPS)

NX LCD display (7-inch) + Battery Pack (4 hours): $99.99

Home Dock NX: $199.99, adds 1.5 TFLOP processing power (2 TFLOP total when paired, 1080P graphics).

Could be cool as a rough idea. Buy which ever config you want.

So NX, NX Go, and NX Ultra.

First 2 items basically make up a WiiU - but with the benefit of going gamepadless if you like

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

TheLastStarFighter said:

If you think this is complicated, I pitty you trying to play Pokemon Go. It's basically Wii U but the Gamepad also has brains and you can take it anywhere. The two chips could work together for more power.

It's odd that most people saying it's too confusing don't game on Nintendo systems.  Other systems must be really simple. 

I do play on Nintendo consoles, as I've been doing for gens, and find the idea too complex to succeed.

And no, what the rumor describes is a Vita TV for which you can buy a screen to play on the go, and a booster pack that gives the base module more power. That is confusing to explain to someone who wants to buy the console and have the best possible game experience.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.