By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Leaker (Rumor): NX Is Modular, Upgradable, Uses Tegra X1 Successor

Wyrdness said:

those are two vastly different concepts as one still maintains two different userbases while the other creates one large userbase for everything.

Maybe you truly have no idea what those addons truly are afterall.

Like literally. Read what you just said multiple times... You are essentially agreeing with me.

Both combine the userbase of two platforms into one.
Paint it however you want, to mletyourself sleep easier at night, that is what those addons do.
It allows for the entire mobile games library to be combined with the home console "Creating one large userbase for everything".

Yes, you still have the two seperate platforms, but common. You are playing with Semantics.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Like literally. Read what you just said multiple times... You are essentially agreeing with me.

Paint it however you want, to mletyourself sleep easier at night, that is what those addons do.
It allows for the entire mobile games library to be combined with the home console "Creating one large userbase for everything".

Yes, you still have the two seperate platforms, but common. You are playing with Semantics.

It's more you trying to twist semantics so you can sleep at nights because no offence anyone with common sense can see the flaw in your argument here as is present by your failure here to come up with a rebuttal indicating you yourself can see the flaw but refuse to let the argument go for the sake of your stance.

It's you yourself who needs to read through the posts as for a start one thing that has been highlighted is the differences in concept and execution something you have failed to address in both your replies, what your argument is is taking a vague stance and refusing to accept the flaws it brings to your argument hence my analogies on your argument.

No both don't combine the userbases into one that is an example of a vague stance because console game for a start can't be taken on the go so essentially the portable library is available to the SNES but not vice versa meaning portable only gamers are left out something the concept here doesn't have so no it doesn't combine userbases as it doesn't accomodate every aspect of both userbases. For a portable gamer to play the whole library they need a SNES, this isn't semantics these are flaws in your argument as not everyone games on consoles, you basically looked at the add ons and thought to yourself well SNES gamers can play the whole library so the userbases are combined when in actual fact it's far from the truth that's a flimsy argument as common sense tells you what I've just pointed out here same thing with the GBA/GC.

All this on top of what was pointed out earlier on the devices coming out well after launch so no the concept is not the same and the userbases were not combined like you claimed. 

I believe combining the home console and handheld user bases is the right path for Nintendo. They cannot compete in these two markets with the big boys, with two separate platforms. The integration with smartphones was the missing piece.

Nintendo's strength is game design, both in hardware and software, but mainly the latter.
Therefore, I also believe they should be making games for smartphones. They're starting now what they should have started a few years ago.

So in other words, the Nintendo NX will become this?

Raistline said:

So in other words, the Nintendo NX will become this?

lol

Kind of.

I think modularity to some extent makes sense, assuming that:

1) it's made for the "right" reasons (e.g. integrating home console and handheld, interacting with smartphones);

2) it's not too modular (like a PC) that makes it hard to optimize performance;

3) there's not a hardware revolution that makes it obsolete (like the Playstation/Saturn did to the Mega CD).

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Wyrdness said:

those are two vastly different concepts as one still maintains two different userbases while the other creates one large userbase for everything.

So the GBA adapter would allow you to play console GameCube games on the go? Cool! Why didn't I have one?!? 

Soundwave said:

Or if you buy the console with less memory, this will be expanded by the cartridge itself according to the game, just like old days with the same style as games with Chip FX on the SNES.

Doesn't this mean that the games will be more expensive to produce?

How can they compete with smartphones if the cartridges cost more to produce than the smartphone games final prices?