By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Prediction: Hillary Will Lose

Arkaign said:
Naum said:
If the US select Trump as the new president the rest of the world will never forgive you or take you seriously.

What about Russia? ;) Wink wink nudge nudge grin

Yeah Russia might...wich any sane person would know is not a positive thing. :)

That's Literary a big A** red flag

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Leadified said:
SJReiter said:

'His own party?' Hmmm remind when Bernie has ever been a Democrat in his life. It's almost as if Democratic leadership was upset that a non-Democrat was making such waves. If anything, this election proves why the two party system needs to be abolished. Bernie is not a Democrat. 

Why should they be upset? He's a registered Democrat and he followed the convention rules in order to run a campaign to become their nominee. Their own system allowed Sanders to run his campaign within the rules of the convention so why should Clinton get special treatment just because she's an old stock Democrat? 

See my comment above. It's about fundraising mainly. 

Elections aren't decided on how much you personally hate/despise someone. So get out of your bubble. US Presidential elections also aren't decided by adding up all the votes in the US, that's why "general election" polls are a joke (just ask President Romney). It's decided by the Electoral College, which is state by state. At this point, Democrats seems to have a baked in advantage anyway and the possible Democratic pathways to 270 electoral votes (the amount needed to win) is much easier.

Put your personal feelings and hatred aside and look at the polling and reality of the Electoral College. I like to look back at 2012 as well. General polling showed essentially a tie between Romney and Obama, key swing states also showed close races, but it ended up being a landslide victory for Obama. Despite all the hatred for Obama, Obamacare, etc, and here's Mitt Romney, a very "Presidential" and well qualified candidate, and he got creamed by Obama in 2012. Polls were off because poor people and minorities are way under polled. I can assure you that's happening again this year.

Naum said:
Arkaign said:

What about Russia? ;) Wink wink nudge nudge grin

Yeah Russia might...wich any sane person would know is not a positive thing. :)

That's Literary a big A** red flag

You're thinking of the Soviet Union flag. Present Russia is not free from corruption by any means, but you will gain nothing from acting like they are still communist and the Cold War is still a thing. If you want an actual threat to focus on, look no further than ISIS: a group created indirectly by US interventionism, not Russia.

SJReiter said:
Leadified said:

Why should they be upset? He's a registered Democrat and he followed the convention rules in order to run a campaign to become their nominee. Their own system allowed Sanders to run his campaign within the rules of the convention so why should Clinton get special treatment just because she's an old stock Democrat? 

If that's the case then why should the Democrats have primaries and instead just let the superdelegates to choose the nominee instead?

Around the Network
Hiku said:

1.) Right, but he seemingly does a lot of this on purpose. When it was clarified for him that a KKK leader endorsed him, and they asked if he condemns the endorsement of the KKK and the former KKK leader, this was his response.

Trump: I don't know what group you're talking about. You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. ... If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow them if I thought there was something wrong.

Tapper: The Ku Klux Klan?

Trump: You may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups and I'll let you know.

Tapper: I'm just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here.

Trump: Honestly, I don't know David Duke.

Later on, he took to Twitter to say "I disavow."
However, Trump should be quite familiar with David Duke and the KKK, as he cited them specifically as a reason for not wanting their parties nomination when he ran for President in 2000.

"The Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. [Pat][ Buchanan, and a communist, Ms. [Lenora] Fulani. This is not company I wish to keep," he wrote in his statement.

In another incident where Trump supporters beat up a homeless immigrant, Trump said absolutely nothing about how it was an aweful act or how he condemns it. He merely called his supportrs "passionate".

Later on he took to twitter to condemn their actions.
I see a pattern here.
He doesn't condemn them at first on national TV, but does it on twitter later on the downlow. Because it's expected of him. He wants the votes of the white supremacists, the violent, the biggots, the fearful and the ignorant, etc.
Not saying that everyone who votes for him belong to these groups, but he knows they carry a lot of voting power, and he's not above taking full advantage of it.

2.) Saddam killed everyone. Naturally he'll get terrorists as well. The point isn't if the statement is true or not, but who he choses to praise, and the reason for it. It's the same reason he retweets KKK. For votes.

3.) So he said that it's ok to commit war crimes only some times? Well that changes nothing.

4.) I don't know about his backpedling, but he has said that he would deport all undocumented immigrants. Besides the fact that his plan is unconstitutional, and would require him to arrest an estimated 15 000 people a day over the course of 2 years, you have to keep in mind that ideas this radical can be very dangerous. Even Hitler did not say that he would kill the jews in his campaign speeches.
The ACLU made a list of all of Trump's unconsitutional propositions. (It's 28 pages long) https://action.aclu.org/sites/default/files/pages/trumpmemos.pdf

5.) It is. But whichever side may be dumber, I think the quote applies to Trump's tactics in this election.

1. Trump knows how the media works and what sort of answers they want from him. Do you seriously think he chose not to disavow David Duke and the KKK in order to secure more votes? That's ludicrous. If anything the fact that Tapper didn't have more than that one group caught him off guard, hence his clumsy answer.

2. And now you're claiming that Trump praised Saddam to get votes? How popular do you suppose Saddam is among the American population?

All Trump did was stating a fact: Saddam was good at killing terrorists and now that he's gone, the middle east is destabilized while the terrorists in Iraq are having a field day.

3. Tell that to terror victims. If you want to grab terrorist movements by the roots, you sometimes have to make difficult decisions. Of course, those decisions rarely concern killing innocent children and mothers completely unaware of their husbands' ISIS ties, but the media will gladly imply otherwise.

4. So now you're comparing deporting illegal immigrants to systematically killing all Jews? And last time I checked there was nothing unconstitutional about upholding the law. I've noticed that you insist on calling them "undocumented," but by law they are all criminals, plain and simple.

I won't read through 28 pages just to see how the ACLU have managed to twist the facts to make deportation of illegal immigrants unconstitutional. Feel free to provide a shorter version.

5. I'm sure it does apply, but spreading false information just to smear a candidate is not something that I approve of. The Trump camp also has its fair share of false Hillary information that I'd prefer they stopped spreading.

Leadified said:
SJReiter said:

If that's the case then why should the Democrats have primaries and instead just let the superdelegates to choose the nominee instead?

You actually have a point. If they wanted to they could just have delegates choose a nominee. It's their party and it doesn't say anything in the Constitution about how parties should select a delegate (no mention of parties at all in fact). They have elections because to not would be 'undemocratic,' but it's clear that the role of the superdelegates is to select the 'party favorite.' Similar to how the Republicans have unbound delegates that Cruz was taking advantage of until his campaign blew up.

Edit: all of this is moot since, as I said, Hillary got 3.2 million more votes than Bernie. 

She is corrupt but Trump is corrupt AND a fascist/narcissist/misogynist. Sad thing is, many Americans lack basic education to make educated decisions so there is a high risk he will be elected.

I'll be surprised if she doesn't win. Seems like the natural order, since we just had our first black president. Now it seems like our country is ready for it's first woman president, rather than our first reality show host.

Yep, she will lose because of the DNC's bullshit.