By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, now we know about the Nintendo NX. And knowing is half the battle

Tagged games:

Nintendo could announce that its not a handheld and blow the whole rumor apart. No one knows but Nintendo themselves.

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
1 st your math is very questionable
2 nd Nintendo at this minute is not operating like a well oiled machine nor has been for some years
3) things may be looking better after they release the NX but could just as easily look much worse depending on the NX itself and how Nintendo executes as a company
4) for a company like Nintendo, that has history, powerful ip, a loyal following, experience and plenty of cash ; it took major incompetence to perform as poorly as they did with the Wii u and that level of incompetence will not be fixed overnight

I used flawless science in my calculations. nah, just kidding, I was drunk when I wrote that =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Teeqoz said:
So what you are saying is you think it will sell 40 million, but you still think it will be a success?

Huge profit equals sucess in my book, so, yes, I think that Nintendo is probably aiming at something that brings huge revenue with a modest install base, if the rumor is true.

But, keep in mind that I do not think that sucess means dominating a market, being number one, just and only having a good profit.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

eva01beserk said:
I still think that there is information missing. maybe nintendos big hook inovation is yet to be discovered. Cuz as it stands right now, its just a handheld.

V-r0cK said:
Until Nintendo reveals and confirm, I still feel we know nothing lol

Nautilus said:
Until Nintendo actually shows the damn thing, all those rumours are that, rumors.We DONT know what the NX is.God, people take everything at its face value...

ohmylanta1003 said:
Lol. I don't believe that rumor for a second.

bunchanumbers said:
Nintendo could announce that its not a handheld and blow the whole rumor apart. No one knows but Nintendo themselves.

That is my hope, that this info is false (the Eurogamer thing). I was excited about what Nintendo could create that is really new and "out-of-the-box".

WagnerPaiva said:
Teeqoz said:
So what you are saying is you think it will sell 40 million, but you still think it will be a success?

Huge profit equals sucess in my book, so, yes, I think that Nintendo is probably aiming at something that brings huge revenue with a modest install base, if the rumor is true.

But, keep in mind that I do not think that sucess means dominating a market, being number one, just and only having a good profit.

But Nintendo could make a lot more profit by having a bigger installbase to sell their software to, and 40 million is way below the current installbases of the Wii U and 3DS, one of which was a complete failure saleswise, and another that was a moderate success. Nintendo should easily be able to attain a 80 million installbase next gen, and if they are combining handheld and home console, they'll need that much to sell enough software to make huge profit.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
WagnerPaiva said:

But Nintendo could make a lot more profit by having a bigger installbase to sell their software to, and 40 million is way below the current installbases of the Wii U and 3DS, one of which was a complete failure saleswise, and another that was a moderate success. Nintendo should easily be able to attain a 80 million installbase next gen, and if they are combining handheld and home console, they'll need that much to sell enough software to make huge profit.

The 3DS is pretty sucessful though, isn´t? Edit: Maybe they are going for a repeat of that and the profit of shovelware that the mobile chip will bring. I am thinking cheap or free ports of the thousands of mobile games, maybe that is what Nintendo wants. I am only expeculating though.

WagnerPaiva said:
Teeqoz said:

The 3DS is pretty sucessful though, isn´t?

he literally just said that......i dont understand ur response to him

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

WagnerPaiva said:
Teeqoz said:

He literally just said that.... O_O

zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

he literally just said that......i dont understand ur response to him

tak13 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

He literally just said that.... O_O

He did. I was eating and intended to edit it in a few seconds. I am trying to understand what Nintendo wants and my idea is that they want the 3DS money all over again plus the shovelware money from the mobile game ports in the NX, if the mobile like chip report is true.

Like, right now in the Android there are thousands of crappy games making millions, I guess Nintendo could make a very easy profit putting this stuff in their store.

Teeqoz said:

40 million would be horrible for a Nintendo handheld and I could see it leading to Nintendo going mobile /third-party.