By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, now we know about the Nintendo NX. And knowing is half the battle

Tagged games:

WagnerPaiva said:
Dunban67 said:
1 st your math is very questionable
2 nd Nintendo at this minute is not operating like a well oiled machine nor has been for some years
3) things may be looking better after they release the NX but could just as easily look much worse depending on the NX itself and how Nintendo executes as a company
4) for a company like Nintendo, that has history, powerful ip, a loyal following, experience and plenty of cash ; it took major incompetence to perform as poorly as they did with the Wii u and that level of incompetence will not be fixed overnight

I used flawless science in my calculations. nah, just kidding, I was drunk when I wrote that =)

your math drunk is about like mine sober(:

Around the Network

All we know is that the NX exist and is coming in march. We don't even know the final name.

I just have a feeling that the NX will be a hit. It's not based on anything except that with Pokemon GO, I now believe that Nintendo's ability to revolutionize pop culture is not a fluke. This company is brilliant and it doesn't matter if Pokemon GO wasn't Nintendo's technological invention: Nintendo has such powerful IP and such a refreshing attitude towards game design that the pieces can come together a lot easier for them than for other companies. Nintendo doesn't need much to create a massive hit, once they get over their own arrogance and actually listen to what people want and create hardware that isn't a huge turn-off to people, they have very few barriers to success.

Nintendo, at its best, offers something that the competition cannot: they make games simple and about pure fun. While the competition will have gamer's strapping VR helmets on their heads and adding a new definition to "introversion" I think Nintendo will be bringing families back into the same room to play simple and fun games. This time, instead of the Wii Mote, it will probably be the Smartphone that Nintendo somehow leverages but I think the NX will be that console. What will put Nintendo over the top will be a killer app that comes with the NX that will perfectly accentuate the hardware. It will be like Wii Sports or Pokemon GO in its simplicity but it will perfectly explain what the NX is supposed to be and, with that, the Wii U era will be yesterday's news.

Illusion said:
I just have a feeling that the NX will be a hit. It's not based on anything except that with Pokemon GO, I now believe that Nintendo's ability to revolutionize pop culture is not a fluke. This company is brilliant and it doesn't matter if Pokemon GO wasn't Nintendo's technological invention: Nintendo has such powerful IP and such a refreshing attitude towards game design that the pieces can come together a lot easier for them than for other companies. Nintendo doesn't need much to create a massive hit, once they get over their own arrogance and actually listen to what people want and create hardware that isn't a huge turn-off to people, they have very few barriers to success.

Nintendo, at its best, offers something that the competition cannot: they make games simple and about pure fun. While the competition will have gamer's strapping VR helmets on their heads and adding a new definition to "introversion" I think Nintendo will be bringing families back into the same room to play simple and fun games. This time, instead of the Wii Mote, it will probably be the Smartphone that Nintendo somehow leverages but I think the NX will be that console. What will put Nintendo over the top will be a killer app that comes with the NX that will perfectly accentuate the hardware. It will be like Wii Sports or Pokemon GO in its simplicity but it will perfectly explain what the NX is supposed to be and, with that, the Wii U era will be yesterday's news.

That makes sense. Also, they should make a Fatal Frame Go app, hunt demons and spirits everywhere. Could even be a Ghostbusters themed app if the movie wasn´t such a flop.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

in the meantime http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-28-sonys-psn-is-making-more-money-than-all-of-nintendo

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
I still think that there is information missing. maybe nintendos big hook inovation is yet to be discovered. Cuz as it stands right now, its just a handheld.

Its a tablet , that funktions as a handheld as well, with detachtable controllers on the side of the screen (allowing for local multiplayer on the go (in trains)).

That has a docking station, which is hooked up to the tv, so when your home and its chargeing up, you can play games on your tv.

^ that is pretty new, and a hook.

They are trying to do 3 devices in 1, and allow a new form of gameing on the go.

knowing is half the battle? what battle? sounds more like nintendo chickened out.

Hunting Season is done...

JRPGfan said:
eva01beserk said:
I still think that there is information missing. maybe nintendos big hook inovation is yet to be discovered. Cuz as it stands right now, its just a handheld.

Its a tablet , that funktions as a handheld as well, with detachtable controllers on the side of the screen (allowing for local multiplayer on the go (in trains)).

That has a docking station, which is hooked up to the tv, so when your home and its chargeing up, you can play games on your tv.

^ that is pretty new, and a hook.

They are trying to do 3 devices in 1, and allow a new form of gameing on the go.

you just mentioned fetures of a handheld/phone/tablet. phones and tablets have done all of that fr a while, that nintendo finnly added it to the handheld its not ground braiking in any way.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
JRPGfan said:

you just mentioned fetures of a handheld/phone/tablet. phones and tablets have done all of that fr a while, that nintendo finnly added it to the handheld its not ground braiking in any way.

I think its ground breaking.... I havnt seen others (gameing companies) really do this before.

Also with it working both as a tablet (for reading ebooks? and watching movies/netflix/youtube ect) and a handheld gameing console, that can even hook up to a tv, its going to be a All-in-one, entertainment system.

Time to get one of these, and buy a cheap arse mobile phone instead of getting expensive models just so you can game on those instead.

I bet Nintendo's NX will give a much more rich & fun gameing experiance, than playing on your expensive new iphone, and could potentially be just as trendy (atleast amoung the teens).

Either all the info is false, or Nintendo is just leaving the home market, going 100% handheld and delivering a weird add on to play your handheld games on the telly

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?