By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - "Make America great again"... But when was America great?

America

Is greater than ever 42 18.92%

Was greater before 80 36.04%

Was never great 59 26.58%

"A horse with no na... 41 18.47%

Total:222
Nem said:

I'm difficult to track. He would have to nuke half of europe. But i wouldn't put it past him. xD

A hair joke tweet was sent at 3 a.m. right before Trump woke up grouchy from his measly four hour nap.  Thus making him launch half of USA nuclear arsenal on Europe for retribution.  Later his announcement to the American people.

"Today I made a very loud boom over Europe.  It was huge."

Around the Network

It never was "great", but marketing tells you otherwise. USA is that one country that has everything doing "well" since always, yet its full potential is still wasted horribly.

Fei-Hung said:
Hiku said:

This question always makes me think of this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

But yeah, "breaking a few pieces of China", that was a good one. lol

That was the epitome of that series. I don't think any episode has lived up to it the way the first episode did. 

At first when I saw the show, I couldnt believe this was the same actor that played "harry" in dum and dumber.

The intire show is full of well writen and articulated speeches.

Hes a really good actor too, and I dont agree. I think the series has lived up to the first episode.

Sadly I dont think the show is very popular, but it puts a spot light on the importance of honest journalism.

JRPGfan said:
Fei-Hung said:

That was the epitome of that series. I don't think any episode has lived up to it the way the first episode did. 

At first when I saw the show, I couldnt believe this was the same actor that played "harry" in dum and dumber.

The intire show is full of well writen and articulated speeches.

Hes a really good actor too, and I dont agree. I think the series has lived up to the first episode.

Sadly I dont think the show is very popular, but it puts a spot light on the importance of honest journalism.

Yup, hard to believe it's the same actor. We may disagree, but it's still an amazing series. 

You seen Brink? It has Jack Black and Tim Robins, and it reminds me a lot of Newsroom although the Brink is more comedy. 

Fei-Hung said:
JRPGfan said:

Yup, hard to believe it's the same actor. We may disagree, but it's still an amazing series. 

You seen Brink? It has Jack Black and Tim Robins, and it reminds me a lot of Newsroom although the Brink is more comedy. 

Never seen Brink, is there only 1 season of it?

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You mean when a drunk sociopath with low Iq was its president? :P 

Worked out well for gaming and thats all that matters xP

You're right! That was a magic time....On a personal level, my life was better too. That man needs a statue. But don't forget, Obama presided over a critical time durining 7th gen. It's when Sony really started to take over with mind blowing software, and MS was trying to convince us that doing jumping jacks and yelling at the screen were the best methods of controller input.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

It was great in 1491.

Its better now than it was before.
I can marry one of my boyfriends if I want.
More people have health care than ever before.
Science and technology has expanded our potential and medicine has improved lives
Woman can vote and become president.
Blacks can vote and even become president.

Of course its better now than ever. Of course more work needs to be done, but you can't just jump to the absolute, you must evolve towards it.

Most people I know that long for a bygone era really just miss an idea or feeling or their childhood.

Many of my peers miss the 90s, their parents miss the 70s, and their grandparents miss the 50s. The world changes and we learn it is not as simple as we once thought leaving people confused and scared.

Personally I'd say the US is as great now as it ever has been, its just with rose tinted glasses we view the past while the present is laid bare.

Nymeria said:
Most people I know that long for a bygone era really just miss an idea or feeling or their childhood.

Many of my peers miss the 90s, their parents miss the 70s, and their grandparents miss the 50s. The world changes and we learn it is not as simple as we once thought leaving people confused and scared.

Personally I'd say the US is as great now as it ever has been, its just with rose tinted glasses we view the past while the present is laid bare.

Great point imo.