By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - "Make America great again"... But when was America great?

America

Is greater than ever 42 18.92%

Was greater before 80 36.04%

Was never great 59 26.58%

"A horse with no na... 41 18.47%

Total:222
AlfredoTurkey said:
JRPGfan said:

Maybe.... but FACTs say you are wrong.

There are more Self made rich people, in europe than in the US.

Theres almost many times more poor -> rich, in europe than the US.

Watch the video if you dont believe me. These are facts.

Facts? Google, perhaps? which country has the most millionaires.

How ironic. You have Google at your fingertips, but you go for such a useless metric as "which country has the most millionaires".

USA ranks as one of the lowest of the OECD countries in social mobility, ie. how likely it is for someone to go from poor to rich.

Here's a quote from one study: "Of the eight countries studied—CanadaDenmarkFinland, Sweden, Norway, Germany, the UK and the USA, the USA had both the highest economic inequality and lowest economic mobility."

Around the Network

America is greater than ever, and Trump's slogan couldn't suck more

Obama was such a respected president, drove the country to the right direction, Trump's mentality is retarded, and his election would be a step backwards for US and not only

Hillary please, had enough racism with Brexit already...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

When we were kids and didn't really realise the reality.

chapset said:
When white men had all the power and could do whatever they wanted while the minorities and women had to shut the fuc* up

It's sad but true. I mean, look at Donald Trump's audience in the RNC. They're all white majority male, I saw 1 black girl in the audience, and in their mid 40's and above. They want to go back to the old days where it was just them ruling everything.  Take a look at Hillary's DNC and I saw somebody from each race, I saw blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, hindi,of all ages standing in harmony.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
When the media didn't feel the need to push their narrative by hand-picking a few stupid people and have them represent a movement comprised of millions of people. (Sounds familiar?)

I'll bite.

Since I take it you identify as part of the movement, and you don't consider yourself stupid, what was the approximate year that America was great (but now no longer)?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network
StuOhQ said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
When the media didn't feel the need to push their narrative by hand-picking a few stupid people and have them represent a movement comprised of millions of people. (Sounds familiar?)

I'll bite.

Since I take it you identify as part of the movement, and you don't consider yourself stupid, what was the approximate year that America was great (but now no longer)?

Well, as a non-American my post was simply meant to raise the question. Was there ever such times? If the answer is no, then so be it:

America was never great.

Ljink96 said:
chapset said:
When white men had all the power and could do whatever they wanted while the minorities and women had to shut the fuc* up

It's sad but true. I mean, look at Donald Trump's audience in the RNC. They're all white majority male, I saw 1 black girl in the audience, and in their mid 40's and above. They want to go back to the old days where it was just them ruling everything.  Take a look at Hillary's DNC and I saw somebody from each race, I saw blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, hindi,of all ages standing in harmony.

Do you actually place value on what audience gets pushed in front of cameras? I mean, the DNC was looking to pay people to fill in spots of the crowd...

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.