By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon XY 14.98mil/ Oras 12.24mil: XY to surpass BW? (Oras to be #1 remake?)

Ryng_tolu  

3DS software (Apr-Jun 2016)
Pokémon ORAS - 400,000 (12.24m)

Pokémon XY - 280,000 (14.98m)

"ORAS is only 480,000 away from matching HGSS and XY is 620,000 away from matching Black and White."

From Ryng.

Looks like there is a very good chance of Oras bei g the biggest remake of the 3 gens (surprisingly too as its main line is thw worst selling of the 3 by far and its on the 3ds)

And more importantly legs for XY have shown to be remarkable! It needs 620k more to reach BW! Dpnt think anybody predicted thia when XY sales were 1wmil by end of 2013. 

Do you think both games will hit the marks respectively?

Discuss!

Around the Network

Thanks to the Go boost, I think XY can pass BW, even if it is by a little margain (BTW, is BW still avalible on sale?). ORAS looks like it can match HGSS, but after that, the sales of the remakes are going to go down. After Diamond/Pearl, the nostalgia is not going to be as strong anymoe.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

They'll (X/Y and OR/ASS) will pass them both (B/W and HG/SS) before the end of 2016.
X/Y will finish somewhere between 16-18 million copies.
OR/AS will finish around 13-15 million.

And people acted like XY was miles behind BW 😂

it'll be a close race for sure

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Thanks for the quote. Anyway.

Pokémon XY sales:
2013 - 11.61m
2014 - 2.09m
2015 - 0.76m
2016 - 0.52m (Only 6 months)

Yup, you are reading right... in only 6 months, XY is already almost above 2015 sales... which is insane, considering this is not because Pokémon GO, since the boost will be after July.

For the first two quarter of 2015, XY sold 290,000 unit, which mean that in 2016 they are up YOY by 80%... there is no doubt Pokémon GO will help the make the gap even bigger.

Even Pokémon ORAS, not the total YTD, but last quarter was up YOY, from 330,000 in Q2 2015 to 400,000 of Q2 2016.

Pokémon ORAS YOY sales
2014 - 9.35m
2015 - 2.11m
2016 - 0.78m

for the first half of 2015 Pokémon ORAS sold 920,000, so this year in total is down by 22%... but like said, last quarter was even up YOY.

With Pokémon GO boost, will be very interesting to see if 2016 will be bigger than 2015 sales... anyway, will be close, which is just insane considering 2015 was just after the release in 2014. legs of both games are strong.

And yes, there are no doubt both will outsell HGSS and BW.

Both will easy happen by end of year. ORAS has a chance to outsell HGSS by end of September too.

When all is said and done, Pokémon ORAS should be over 14 million, and XY over 16 million very easy.

Around the Network

I'm positive OR/AS and X/Y will surpass rispectively HG/SS and B/W.
also I'm expecting Sun/Moon to do around 18M lifetime !

Wait, how can Pokémon on the 3DS sell about the same or more than the ones on the DS even be possible the people on the interwebz told me that Nintendo should go 3rd party because the increased install base would make their games sell better and more money?

ORAS is better than XY so it's well deserved if it does.

It will be interseting with Go effect!

I hope XY reaches that mark because I find it so much better than BW. To be honest BW was one of the worse Pokemon games for me.