By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When Dragonite appears in New York!

KLAMarine said:
vgchartz feels slow. are some people out catching Pokemon?

I'm less active during summer, because is when I can actuall play games. :P

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

NO WAY!!!!

Switch!!!

Lol, and the pokemon madness continues. Heck, I'd probably do the same if a dragonite was spotted in the area

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm glad I live in a suburb of Austin and not downtown of any major city. The more people you have the more problems. I'm staying away from any downtown area for a long time.

Around the Network

I feel very sorry for people there who don't know whats happening and thought some bad/terror shit is happening again XD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Can't wait to see what Mr. Robot has to say about this.

Going to local parks and 5x as many people than normal there now walking around due to this game. Sometimes someone will shout out a Pokemon name and see ears perk up as dozens of folks move over to check it out.

Never seen anything like it.

KLAMarine said:
I wonder what psychology majors would have to say about this? This herd mentality that seems to take over. I can feel it affecting me too, the feeling of being a part of something big.

Psyche major here, and to be honest, this is more of a socioligists field.

That said, I don't think it's that much different than Candy Crush or Minecraft.  See it on facebook > play to fit in > be social > repeat.  Part can be contributed to the app being ingenious in it's simplicity to welcome anyone to play; part nostalgia for the twenty/thirty-somethings.  But as vivister said,  it's mainly  peer pressure, as well as coveting.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
KLAMarine said:
I wonder what psychology majors would have to say about this? This herd mentality that seems to take over. I can feel it affecting me too, the feeling of being a part of something big.

Psyche major here, and to be honest, this is more of a socioligists field.

That said, I don't think it's that much different than Candy Crush or Minecraft.  See it on facebook > play to fit in > be social > repeat.  Part can be contributed to the app being ingenious in it's simplicity to welcome anyone to play; part nostalgia for the twenty/thirty-somethings.  But as vivister said,  it's mainly  peer pressure, as well as coveting.

I think it's also the app being able to draw many people to the same area making the app's popularity very visible.