By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Genres which don't appeal to you

Everyone has a genre they may not like as much as others. For me, it's shooters. Besides splatoon and the new Doom, I get bored of shooting games very quickly.

I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Edit: I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on rhythm games(e.g games like rhythm heaven)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Sports. They just don't appeal to me and feel the same after a while

Shooters. I really can't understand the appeal, I've tried playing them before and just got bored. Oh, definitely sports games too.

Edit: MOBA's and MMO's too, how could I forget those?

First person shooters. They need to have some kind of twist, for example some rpg elements like in Deux Ex or Bioshock. It helps a lot that those games have a very unique setting and interesting story. If it's just about running and killing, I'm not interested.

Simulation and sports.

Around the Network

MOBA. Too much of a time sink because of a steep learning curve and I say this as a 4X player along with that the bad reputation of the community.

Shooters and sports are the main ones I don't like. I don't find shooters fun, and playing sports games put me to sleep.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Most FPSs, Sports, and Simulation games. But generally, I can find joy in any and all genres, even the ones I just mentioned. They're just the ones with my least interest.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Sports, Moba and most movie wannabe.

VGChartz users aren't mainstream, it seems.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.