By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Genres which don't appeal to you

Sports, FPS, Simulators. The unholy trinity in my book.

Around the Network

It use to be only RTS. Now, it's RTS and anything that involves guns, uber violence... basically most AAA "mature" games these days. I don't know if it's because I've been playing games since the early 80's and have burnt out on the whole bang bang, kill, respawn thing or if AAA, violent games have gotten worse than they were during the PS2 era but I am seriously done.

Oh, and games where you're basically playing an interactive movie. I just started playing The Last of Us on PS4 a few days ago and I'm already done with it because it's basically just one big movie. It's a pretty good movie (for video game standards) so far, but I'm just burnt out on the whole thing. I'd so much rather have something like SMB3, Megaman 2 or Contra than that these days.

MoHasanie said:
I dislike sports games and don't enjoy RPG's anymore.

Not even Paper Mario? :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

"Realistic" shooters, MOBAs, sports, realistic racers, and pretty much every game with motion controls.

Endless Runners. I get frustrated with them. I mean I can have fun with the game itself, but I always want to reach the end. BUT THERE IS NO END! It's not compatible with my brain. In the end, you always end up losing, and that makes me feel bad. No matter if I cracked a high-score or not.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

I used to hate FPS games too...until I played Metroid Prime. I feel like there are ALWAYS exceptions. I try not to limit myself.

But yeah, I'm still not really into MMOs or MOBAs. More of a single player campaign kind of guy. But I love playing  more straightforward multiplayer games like Rocket League and Mario Kart though.

Games like Destiny also seem wholly unappealing. Like, I got to max level, and beat the game, in probably 12 hours. Why do I need to play the same raids and matches over and over and over? Just to collect loot? But then for what? It seems like a lot of work, instead of fun.

hershel_layton said:
MoHasanie said:
I dislike sports games and don't enjoy RPG's anymore.

Not even Paper Mario? :P

Paper Mario is the only exception :P 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Most Sports Games
Fighting Games
Tactical Games (RPG And Otherwise)
MOBA'S
MMO's
Music Games Like Guitar Hero Ans Such
Multiplayer In General

MMORPG
Flight Simulators
Simulation Sports
Simulation Racing
Sandbox

Sports, Simulation, Fighting, MMO and JRPG.