By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Melania Trump Plagiarizes Michelle Obama's Speech

KungKras said:
A more accurate description would be "Melania Trump's speec writer plagiarizes Michelle Obama's speech writer"

but that's not accurate

according to the official statements and the open letter Melania's speech written by her official speech writers didn't feature the passages in question, but Melania herself dictated excerpts from Michelle Obama's speech she wanted to have in her speech aswell to her ghost writer, who then failed to check whether or not they have been used like that

and it seems Melania failed to realize these excerpts then made it into the final version of the speech verbatim (or wasn't bothered by it, although she must have known them, as she dictated them herself)

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
KungKras said:
A more accurate description would be "Melania Trump's speec writer plagiarizes Michelle Obama's speech writer"

but that's not accurate

according to the official statements and the open letter Melania's speech written by her official speech writers didn't feature the passages in question, but Melania herself dictated excerpts from Michelle Obama's speech she wanted to have in her speech aswell to her ghost writer, who then failed to check whether or not they have been used like that

and it seems Melania failed to realize these excerpts then made it into the final version of the speech verbatim (or wasn't bothered by it, although she must have known them, as she dictated them herself)

I stand corrected.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Bandorr said:
"The press have barely recovered from the discovery that Mr Trump’s so-called spokesperson, John Barron, who gave frequent over-the-phone interviews and exposed all kind of personal details about the businessman, was Mr Trump himself."

This is just a mess.

I still think its a scam.   I know at this point he seems really serious, but there are just too man flags going off.   He should have made sure his wife's speech was vetted.   Its like he is purposely doing just enough to make sure he can't be elected.  I had a conspiricy theory that he was a Clinton plant

CosmicSex said:
Bandorr said:
"The press have barely recovered from the discovery that Mr Trump’s so-called spokesperson, John Barron, who gave frequent over-the-phone interviews and exposed all kind of personal details about the businessman, was Mr Trump himself."

This is just a mess.

I still think its a scam.   I know at this point he seems really serious, but there are just too man flags going off.   He should have made sure his wife's speech was vetted.   Its like he is purposely doing just enough to make sure he can't be elected.  I had a conspiricy theory that he was a Clinton plant

I think it's entirely possible he's sabotaging his own campaign. I imagine Trump wants to be able to say he was almost president, but has zero interest in actually governing.

SpokenTruth said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's fine by me. From my experience, it's extremely rare for someone to say quote before or after they repeat a quote verbally from something. I know alot of people who quote movies all the time and you have to pry at them to tell ya where they got it from. It's a very annoying inside joke so to speak especially if you don't know where it's from but they somehow expect you to get it. I understand that my experience is limited and that it likely doesn't show the truth of it but it's what I got at the moment.  

I hope you don't think it bold of me to say but the inside joking among friends quoting a movie and a speech presented by a potential first lady to an audience of 23 million are not held to the same standards of professionalism and accountability.

What standards of professionalism and accountability? There are none.

Around the Network

Jeebus, why does anyone who doesn't give a shit about this have to be some "stupid Trump voting Republican"? I sure as fuck won't be voting Trump and yet I still have no issue with the wife of one politician giving a speech that sounds like/steals lines from a speech from another politicians wife. If we were talking about some deep, personal speech written by Obama and then stolen by Trump.. ok. But we're talking about a generic speech full of cliches.

We're about to enter a Presidential election where two candidates are going to lie, cheat, manipulate, and stretch whatever truth they can to try and pull one over on the general public that neither thinks very much of when it comes to intelligence. This seems like a pretty petty thing in comparison to that.

SpokenTruth said:
Aeolus451 said:

What standards of professionalism and accountability? There are none.

Perhaps I and many other citizens expect, even perhaps, demand more from people in a position of power and authority.

Then I guess the clintons are exception to those standards?

isnt she an immigrant? what do you except that its easy to write an essay as a none native english speaker?

Ruler said:

isnt she an immigrant? what do you expect that its easy to write an essay as a non native english speaker?

uhm.. she didn't write the speech, she had 2 official speech writers and then she let a ghost writer change some things (which introduced the copied passages)

Ruler said:

isnt she an immigrant? what do you except that its easy to write an essay as a none native english speaker?

Okay, even IF she somehow didn't have speech writers, why would her being a none native English speaker make this expected? If anything a none native English speaker should be LESS likely to plagirize a native English speaker because their writing stlyes should differ in some ways.