By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Melania Trump Plagiarizes Michelle Obama's Speech

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
WHat is hilarious is people trying to spin this like its no big deal xD

You right its no big deal, this just make them look like idiots, nothing we haven't seen them do before.

Those defending the plagiarism would probably have fared well at Trump University---I hear it's the only university that didn't care about Marxist Muslim SJW nonsense like academic integrity.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
hershel_layton said:
Both speeches are horrible...mainly meant to provide a false sense of hope for the mindless.

I recall when real leaders said the truth and never sugar coated anything. Then again, most of the real leaders end up being killed.

wow, how old are you ? 20,000 years give or take?

I'm about 34,560 years old. My birthday is coming up. :P

But in all seriousness, I typically read a lot of history books. I've read about a lot of people throughout our times who were actually great leaders(but never given recognition). 

The part where I said they never supercoated is exaggerated. Everyone does it. No one is perfect 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Bandorr said:

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/20/12239342/donald-trump-melania-plagiarism

"Trump speechwriter Meredith Melver says the copied passages were due to a miscommunication. In her telling, Melania read some phrases to Melver over the phone and Melver didn’t realize they were verbatim quotes from Obama’s 2008 speech."

So basically Melania knew the speech was plagirizing Michelle Obama. She read it to her speech writer. Her speech writer wrote it down. She then read it out.

it is hilarious that they admit they copied passages and even here on this very forum people are defending it!  Trump was right!

Teeqoz said:
Aeolus451 said:

Exactly. It's hilarous how some are acting over this. 

It's also pretty hilarious how people think that two generic speeches about the same thing coincidentally have almost the exact same words. Some sections were literally ad verbatim the same. Regardless of how generic the speeches are, the odds of that happening randomly are smaller than winning the lottery.

We've had presentations at school where 27 different students had to make a presentation about a much narrower subject than this, and none sounded as similar to eachother as this. But yeah yeah, it was totally a coincidence.

I mean, how big of an issue this is is one thing, but you have to at least admit that the odds that this was a coincidence as opposed to copying a part of Michelle's speech are tiny.

I admit that it's likely that she copied her speech but it's just a speech. The wording is extremely generic. She more or less quoted her.

CosmicSex said:
Bandorr said:

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/20/12239342/donald-trump-melania-plagiarism

"Trump speechwriter Meredith Melver says the copied passages were due to a miscommunication. In her telling, Melania read some phrases to Melver over the phone and Melver didn’t realize they were verbatim quotes from Obama’s 2008 speech."

So basically Melania knew the speech was plagirizing Michelle Obama. She read it to her speech writer. Her speech writer wrote it down. She then read it out.

it is hilarious that they admit they copied passages and even here on this very forum people are defending it!  Trump was right!

Could you not insult others? 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

I admit that it's likely that she copied her speech but it's just a speech. The wording is extremely generic. She more or less quoted her.

Is that what they are calling it these days? LOL  Entire passages are the same...  lol what!  

On the opposite side of this imagne who Michelle felt watching this.   God that must have been awkward. 

Aeolus451 said:
CosmicSex said:

Are you talking to me or to Donald Trump? THE CAMPAING LITTERLY ADMITTED TO COPYING HER. I am not trying to insult others but when you are defending someone who is insulting you, you need to really take a look at what is going on.

ITS A SCAM!  And they are using the Republican Party to pull it off.

CosmicSex said:
Aeolus451 said:

Are you talking to me or to Donald Trump? THE CAMPAING LITTERLY ADMITTED TO COPYING HER. I am not trying to insult others but when you are defending someone who is insulting you, you need to really take a look at what is going on.

You're using a pic to insult others and you even said "Trump was right!" to give emphasis to the insult. Stop it. You know what you're doing.

SpokenTruth said:
Aeolus451 said:

Then should she not have said "quote" somewhere in there?  Or given credit at some potin during the speech?

May I ask, and do be absolutely honest, how would you react if it were the other way around?

I wouldn't care because people copy the spoken word of other people all the time. It's harmless. People will often repeat phrases and words they like. If anything it's a compliment to whoever said it first or was quoted. Whenever someone quotes another person verbally, I've never seen them give credit to who they quoted. It's when the quote is written down on twitter or facebook or in a forum that you might see someone give credit to where they got it. 

If trump's wife or obama's wife quoted a racist or something along those lines then I could understand a shit storm over it. 

Aeolus451 said:
CosmicSex said:

You're using a pic to insult others and you even worded give emphasis to the insult. Stop it. You know what you're doing.

SpokenTruth said:

Then should she not have said "quote" somewhere in there?  Or given credit at some potin during the speech?

May I ask, and do be absolutely honest, how would you react if it were the other way around?

I wouldn't care because people copy the spoken word of other people all the time. It's harmless. People will often repeat phrases and words they like. If anything it's a compliment to whoever said it first or was quoted. Whenever someone quotes another person verbally, I've never seen them give credit to who they quoted. It's when the quote is written down on twitter or facebook or in a forum that you might see someone give credit to where they got it. 

If trump's wife or obama's wife quoted a racist or something along those lines then I could understand a shit storm over it. 

Okay now you are being a bully and trying to reverse it on me.  I don't appreciate that and it isn't that kind of party.  I think it is fair to show a quote from the canidate himself... to quote, directly from his own campaign and to disagree with you without you calling everything an insult.  I can also say that anyone who would support someone who says the types of things he says about people (like calling them dumb) is questionable.  Stand up with a real argument or back off. I am reporting you for bullying btw. You don't get to block all convo you don't like by saying it offends you.  

Ljink96 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/sean-spicer-melania-trump-my-little-pony/index.html?sr=twCNN071916sean-spicer-melania-trump-my-little-pony0855PMVODtopPhotos&linkId=26724535
LMAO

How these clowns are running for presidency.

The American Republican party is torn and desperate. They have a great business man, horrible overall man running for president. And a running mate that's my former governer, of Indiana, running together. Mind's well let Oil and Water run together. America is in for dark times ahead.

4 bankrupcies is not great business.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"