By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best final boss in a Nintendo game

Champion Lance and Red, awesome battles and themes

Around the Network

Super Metroid's Mother Brain.

It has everything: multiple varied phases, real dread and panic, heartbreak, vengeance, a real sense of progression, and is still the most unique boss battle I've played.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Probably Shadow Queen from Paper Mario TTYD. It's a pretty challenging battle and the music just makes everything so epic.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

mZuzek said:
Metroid Prime. I think I'm somewhat alone on this one, but I found that fight to be an exhilariating, thrilling ride all the way. It was so long and so hard, but also so extremely climactic. In such an immersive game, it was impossible for me to not get completely sucked into the hype and tension of the ending and the highly challenging battle was pure adrenaline. I loved every second of it.

Honorable mention to the generic mainstream pick, DJ Octavio.

That's what SHE said

But Metroid Prime is an awesome choice. That was a marathon fight.

I've always been partial to Ganon in ALTTP:

Around the Network
IkePoR said:

Oh another great one!

It would be fun to make a top 10 list of Nintendo final boss battles :D

onionberry said:

This. The best one.

The setting is great, dark and eerie.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Xenoblade for me.

All I can say is that the buildup is great, and the music is just (mm).

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Man, this reminds me all the games I still need to play. Too bad this isn't some kind of Zero Escape system where I can play a game then jump backward in time to play a different game, retaining all my memories of the first game.

Baby Bowser from Yoshis Island on snes. dat music doe!!!