By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best final boss in a Nintendo game

uran10 said:
Red - G/S/C - HG/SS
You're fighting against yourself from red/blue FR/LG. How cool is that?

Yeah that was badass, and the damn song!

I liked a lot of final bosses in Nintendo games, including Cackletta in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Mother Brain in Super Metroid, etc.

Around the Network

Ganon in Ocarina of Time. Probably the most intimidating and epic final boss in a Nintendo game. I mean, he's a huge, bulky pig monster, he has two big ol' swords, and he towers over you. All while the darkness makes him scarier and more difficult to see, with nothing but faint strikes of lightning give you light to glimpse at his massive physique. The epic music and the envirnoment (ruins of Ganon's Castle) add to make the battle memorable and atmospheric.

Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess's final bosses are quite good, too.

bet: lost

HylianYoshi said:
Ganon in Ocarina of Time. Probably the most intimidating and epic final boss in a Nintendo game. I mean, he's a huge, bulky pig monster, he has two big old swords, and he towers over you. All while the darkness makes him scarier and more difficult to see, with nothing but faint strikes of lightning give you light to glimpse at his massive physique. The epic music and the envirnoment (ruins of Ganon's Castle) add to make the battle memorable and atmospheric.

Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess's final bosses are quite good, too.

this. Ganon in TLOOT is by far the most epic battle.

34 years playing games.

I'm gona be kind of a Hipster and say Ghecis in Pokémon Black/White, the story builds up so much that when you reach that point in the game you just want to fight him to prove your strenght. Also nobody who trained an Hydreigon wants to lose against the dude who got a free pass and got it at level 54...

mZuzek said:
Metroid Prime. I think I'm somewhat alone on this one, but I found that fight to be an exhilariating, thrilling ride all the way. It was so long and so hard, but also so extremely climactic. In such an immersive game, it was impossible for me to not get completely sucked into the hype and tension of the ending and the highly challenging battle was pure adrenaline. I loved every second of it.

Honorable mention to the generic mainstream pick, DJ Octavio.

I don't think Metroid Prime is the best. BUT... It is a great battle. I love when you use the hyper be. It's súper intense ^^

Around the Network

Final boss in Skyward Sword was great.

As I scroll through the comments, I keep getting reminded of the cool bosses that have been in Nintendo games. The Ganon Battle in Ocarina of Time, the Baby Bowser Fight in Yoshi's island, DJ Octavio, the Radiant Dawn battle ( The Fates Revelations battle is pretty dang awesome too), the Dark Queen in Paper Mario, there are just a lot of good ones. I'd consider the Star Fox 64 Andross Battle (true) to be great as well.

Ugh, I think I'll go with the Baby Bowser fight myself. Having a giant monster come at you from a far off distance as you try to stop it by firing huge eggs at it is pretty epic..!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXiABu4U09o

Edit - And now I'll just be listening to the OSTs for the next few hours. They're just too good.

There are many, but one of the top picks for me would be Dark Bowser.Not only is a epic fight, but also has one of the best final boss music of all time.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1