By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you think Okami Wii will sell?

At least 500k, but I think 750k is a possibility.

PS2 sold 270k and Capcom is happy with that level of sales on Wii. Though I think Okami appeals more to a Nintendo crowd in the first place. I think/hope a lot of Zelda fans will buy it.

But 270k is a guarantee. Both niche games Z&W and NMH sold more, and Okami is an epic adventure.

Around the Network

I'll admit it, I'm ashamed that I never got this game on the ps2. :(

Riot Of The Blood said:
1.2m

I'm buying this to support my favorite developer. Maybe I'll buy 3-4 copies.

This game should have been for the PS3.

It is available for the PS3...

... assuming you have the right model.

I'm not sure why anybody would want to use the brush with a thumbstick, though. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Riot Of The Blood said:
naznatips said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
1.2m

I'm buying this to support my favorite developer. Maybe I'll buy 3-4 copies.

This game should have been for the PS3.

Uh, only hours ago you lectured people for saying RE5 should have been on Wii... please don't be a hypocrit. Games are what games are. Play them and enjoy them. Stop showing console bias.

I can show all the console bias I want. You can't get mad because I have a favorite console, lol.

And unlike RE5 people, I will buy and enjoy the games I want no matter what console they're on. I will be buying Okami for Wii. If were for the 360 or PS3 as well, I would buy it fro those consoles, too.

I'm quite sure you got it all wrong on "RE5 people". It's not that they have a second, HD console and refuse to buy the game on that one and wish it to come to the Wii, it's just they cannot afford ( or don't want to splash more money ) on a second console. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll ( hopefully ) love RE5 on my PS3 although I hope the Wii could handle it so that I could play with awesome controls too. That's what I got my PS3 for ( that and FFXIII / Soul Calibur 4 )

Thats a pretty lack luster topi start OP.

But regardless... I do hope it sells well. Its definitely got the potential, and I wouldn't mind seeing this push for an Okami 2 exclusively on the Wii.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
I hope it sells 1 million.

I would say : 30.000 in Japan, 15.000 in USA, and 10.000 in Europe...

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

izaaz101 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

According to Vgchartz, Okami has sold 150k in Japan. So let's add that:

Japan: 150k

And according to this source, Okami sold 270k by March 07, so with legs it might have sold 300k in America

America: 300k

And while the game was completely ignored in Europe, a large userbase must have gave it some sales. Let's go low and say 50k.

So, what we end up with is...

Japan: 150k

America: 300k

Europe: 50k

Total: 500k

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, or interpreting it incorrectly but your source states this:

"In fact, since its release in September of 2006, the game has amassed about 270,000 in sales..."

To me that means in total sales, till March 20th, 2008 it has sold in total, 270k. Did I miss where it stated that this number was only for the US?

You are TOTALLY right.

The game must have been like :

150.000 in Japan

80.000 max in America

and like 40.000 in Europe (already too huge I think)

So Okami PS2 WORLWIDE sells are 270 k. Not America. (How could a game not even in top 50 at his best could and up 270k in USA ???)

As an exemple, in Europe the game was 60 € at first. Then it dropped to 30 € a few weeks after, because the game sold REALLY bad.

Then you could find it at 15 € two months later !!!

I have almost NEVER seen such a fast price drop for such a good game....

(Anyway, the game was one of my best experience ever)

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

ctk495 said:
Chrizum said:
Impossible. But it will probably sell better than the PS2 version, which would make me very happy. I'll say 350k.

Well according to Capcom they didn't care too much about the sales as long as the wii gamers are happy but I hope it sells 1 million so they will make okami 2.

lol ... that has to be the most naive comment Ive read in my life :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

500k ww would be a great thing for the game, let's see if it can reach that

routsounmanman said:

I'm quite sure you got it all wrong on "RE5 people". It's not that they have a second, HD console and refuse to buy the game on that one and wish it to come to the Wii, it's just they cannot afford ( or don't want to splash more money ) on a second console.

Don't get me wrong, I'll ( hopefully ) love RE5 on my PS3 although I hope the Wii could handle it so that I could play with awesome controls too. That's what I got my PS3 for ( that and FFXIII / Soul Calibur 4 )

Meh, to be honest, I just want this game on the PS3 so I can see what the PS3 can do graficly for such a unique art direction. Other than that, it's AAA and I'm buying for any console it comes out on.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!