By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you think Okami Wii will sell?

hunter_alien said:
ctk495 said:
Chrizum said:
Impossible. But it will probably sell better than the PS2 version, which would make me very happy. I'll say 350k.

Well according to Capcom they didn't care too much about the sales as long as the wii gamers are happy but I hope it sells 1 million so they will make okami 2.

lol ... that has to be the most naive comment Ive read in my life :P

I'll say.  What Capcom really said was that they would be estatic if it sold what Okami did on PS2.  Which would be 270K. 

So you gotta guess Capcom wants to see 100-200K sales.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
naznatips said:
MontanaHatchet said:
CDiablo said:
I hate to say it but 20k first week in the us then downhill from there

That's the most realistic guess so far, and this is coming from Okami fan #1.

It will do better than NiGHTS, so maybe 250k if it's lucky.

As for Okami selling 1 million if it was on the Gamecube...

Maybe, if it was made by Nintendo. Otherwise, it would have sold less than 150k.

Also, Okami's worldwide sales are in the 400-500k range, Capcom just had high standards since it was such a hyped game.

... for the last time Montana, Okami flopped. It sold 270K units, straight from the horse's mouth. Get over it.

I'd be willing to bet the first person here willing to take me up on it that Okami for the Wii will sell more than double that 270K figure lifetime. The prize for the winner will be 1 SNES game on virtual console of the winner's choice, paid for and gifted by the loser.

Sad thing is.

That's the shipped number...  So yeah... it's way below what you think Montana

http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1198369

(Your's didn't come up naz)

And that's exactly why I'm not going to get rid of my PS2 copy of Okami - may be worth a pretty good chunk in the future, given the extremely limited number of them and the extremely high quality of the game.

I'll forever have both copies. XD

SW-5120-1900-6153

ameratsu said:
radioioRobert said:
Montana didn't attack it that harshly. But there will be some crow eating. The wiimake WILL outsell the PS2 version. With a better control scheme, and most Zelda fans as Wii owners already, it's inevitable.

The ps2 control scheme was great and original, and unless you're a wiimote cheerleader i don't see what makes you think this will automatically be the case. while it's possible, there's only been one preview (ign) where they said the control scheme was much better. I'm not sure why you'd make sure an assertion right now, but i'll reserve judgment till I play it for myself.

Why would someone need to be a "Wiimote cheerleader" to prefer the Wiimote control setup?  Have you already played the Wii Okami and can say it's not better?

Words Of Wisdom said:
ameratsu said:
radioioRobert said:
Montana didn't attack it that harshly. But there will be some crow eating. The wiimake WILL outsell the PS2 version. With a better control scheme, and most Zelda fans as Wii owners already, it's inevitable.

The ps2 control scheme was great and original, and unless you're a wiimote cheerleader i don't see what makes you think this will automatically be the case. while it's possible, there's only been one preview (ign) where they said the control scheme was much better. I'm not sure why you'd make sure an assertion right now, but i'll reserve judgment till I play it for myself.

Why would someone need to be a "Wiimote cheerleader" to prefer the Wiimote control setup?  Have you already played the Wii Okami and can say it's not better?

I think ameratsu didn't play Okami at all, otherwise he would have agreed that the painting was quite horrible in the PS2 version, something that everyone that played the Wii game so far says is excellent now.

Words Of Wisdom said:
ameratsu said:
radioioRobert said:

Well if he wants to wait and try it out for himself before deciding if it's better that's fine.   But I will say this - Painting with a Wii controller will sure grab peoples imagination in a much more positive light than trying to paint with an analog stick (which was cumbersome).  That alone could help boost sales of the Wii version, that is, if anyone even knows about it.

Around the Network

with the way most wii third party games sell (especially in japan), there's a small chance of 1 mil world wide but 250k is far more likely.

500k in USA alone. i think wii fans will love this

Well I have the PS2 version and I can say with confidence that painting sucked in it. Half the time the game didn't recognize what I was trying to do. Fortunately you get infinite chances when you fail, but it was tiresome.

yes, i played the ps2 version. and yes, the painting was frustrating in the ps2 version. i found after you got the hang of it, it was pretty easy... though sometimes getting it to recognize the pattern you haphazardly drew was indeed aggravating. With a game as as great as Okami, you take the little bad with the far larger good.

if anything, I'm sick of people equating wiimote controls as inherently superior controls. All i heard after the release of RE4 is how great the controls were and for many people they loved it. I'm sure many people here swear by it... which is fine.
If you take a game like No more Heroes, i think it would lose a huge amount of it's fun factor if you stripped away the wii controls. However, for something like RE4, my preference lies with dual analog controls. Okami could be the same case (perfer dual analog overall vs wiimote overall) for all i know, that's why i am reserving judgment until i try it for myself.

I will make a thread saying which i like more and why after I try them both.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
yes, i played the ps2 version. and yes, the painting was frustrating in the ps2 version. i found after you got the hang of it, it was pretty easy... though sometimes getting it to recognize the pattern you haphazardly drew was indeed aggravating. With a game as as great as Okami, you take the little bad with the far larger good.

if anything, I'm sick of people equating wiimote controls as inherently superior controls. All i heard after the release of RE4 is how great the controls were and for many people they loved it. I'm sure many people here swear by it... which is fine.
If you take a game like No more Heroes, i think it would lose a huge amount of it's fun factor if you stripped away the wii controls. However, for something like RE4, my preference lies with dual analog controls. Okami could be the same case (perfer dual analog overall vs wiimote overall) for all i know, that's why i am reserving judgment until i try it for myself.

I will make a thread saying which i like more and why after I try them both.

I own both versions of RE4 and extremely dislike the old analog controls now.  While it's true not all games are improved by the Wiimote, there is a reasonable basis behind the idea that Okami could be improved, which is that the most frustrating gameplay mechanic would be streamlined.