By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you think Okami Wii will sell?

It deserves 1 million at least but I have a feeling that it will hit only 500k. I've already pre-ordered my copy.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

i hope sales are good enough for a sequel

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I'll say 10k first week in America. Lifetime sub-200k across all regions.

Riot:

I agree with you on RE5, but prefering a cell shaded game with painting involved on PS3????

I really don't understand the people that say this game will bomb indefinately. To make Capcom happy it only has to sell 300.000 copies. Nintendo platforms consist for at least a million Zelda hardcore fans, that buy their console for Zelda alone (I'm one of those). I'm pretty sure a decent number of those will buy the first game in years that comes close to the feel and quality of Zelda games.

Don't compare this game to Z&W and NMH. Adventure games are less niche and very suited for the Nintendo audience.

BengaBenga said:
Riot:

, but prefering a cell shaded game with painting involved on PS3????

Why not? The closet thing we've seen is Eternal Sonata on the 360, and that was a beautiful game. Could you imagine what Okami could be like on the PS3? I would trade you Wii fans RE5 for Okami any day, just so I can experience what would be an artistic master piece.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
BengaBenga said:
Riot:

, but prefering a cell shaded game with painting involved on PS3????

Why not? The closet thing we've seen is Eternal Sonata on the 360, and that was a beautiful game. Could you imagine what Okami could be like on the PS3? I would trade you Wii fans RE5 for Okami any day, just so I can experience what would be an artistic master piece.

It already was an artistic masterpiece on PS2.
Now we get it in 16:9 and 480p, which doesn't make it artistically better, only represented better. The only thing PS3 would have added was 1080p, which makes the representation of the same artistically perfect graphics better.

The problem is I can't imagine it being more beautiful on PS3, because it's perfect as it is. It's a piece of art. You're not saying about a Vincent van Gogh painting: "hey, I wish he would have painted with a little more detail".

hm over life time 600-750 k

which would be great for a re release

radioioRobert said:
Montana didn't attack it that harshly. But there will be some crow eating. The wiimake WILL outsell the PS2 version. With a better control scheme, and most Zelda fans as Wii owners already, it's inevitable.

The ps2 control scheme was great and original, and unless you're a wiimote cheerleader i don't see what makes you think this will automatically be the case. while it's possible, there's only been one preview (ign) where they said the control scheme was much better. I'm not sure why you'd make sure an assertion right now, but i'll reserve judgment till I play it for myself.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

0.43 mln but only 17 566 copies on launch US.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

MontanaHatchet said:

According to Vgchartz, Okami has sold 150k in Japan. So let's add that:

Japan: 150k

And according to this source, Okami sold 270k by March 07, so with legs it might have sold 300k in America

America: 300k

And while the game was completely ignored in Europe, a large userbase must have gave it some sales. Let's go low and say 50k.

So, what we end up with is...

Japan: 150k

America: 300k

Europe: 50k

Total: 500k

Except Capcom themselves say they shipped 270K. So they sold... 270K.  Not only that but it seems like they  only shipped around 270K or so.  

You're just wrong here Montana. Capcom isn't going to lowball their own sales. I mean why would you think it's 500K when we have direct quotes from Capcom employees saying their internal numbers have half that.