By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you think Okami Wii will sell?

Montana didn't attack it that harshly. But there will be some crow eating. The wiimake WILL outsell the PS2 version. With a better control scheme, and most Zelda fans as Wii owners already, it's inevitable.

The real crow eaters will be:

CDiablo "20k first week in the us then downhill from there"

and

Xyrax "Less than the PS2 version. It will bomb bomb BOOOOOOMB"
"This game is a fruit freaking cocktail of ingredients needed to make a game bomb, and no amount of wishful thinking, not desire to see it do well just so the Wii can have another good 3rd party seller is going to save this game. It is doomed, a sum of its own crappy make up. It has nothing going for it. Nothing."

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network
naznatips said:
ameratsu said:
MontanaHatchet said:

As for Okami selling 1 million if it was on the Gamecube...

Maybe, if it was made by Nintendo.

truer words have never been spoken.

i agree with nazntips that the wii version will sell more than the ps2 version ltd. imo this is only the case because it isn't lost in a slew of other releases and this sort of game that will go over well with the zelda-playing wii populace.

if this does over 600,000 let alone a million you can colour me impressed.

Well Capcom will apparently be happy with 270K hehe.

Montana seems to be against this on principle. Like porting his favorite game to Wii corrupts it or something. I've never seen someone more vehemently attack a remake.

I don't like the remake because the gist of it all is,

"Well, I completely ignored the original, but now that it's on the Wii, I'm suddenly interested!"

It could have been any console, but where were you all before? 

super_etecoon said:
fagarcia75 said:
Xyrax said:

Less than the PS2 version. It will bomb bomb BOOOOOOMB

Don't ignore what this game is made of people

Port of a PS2 game.

2 years later

Full price (same cost as the PS2 version at release)

No additional content at all

No graphical upgrade at all (even the framerate is the same)

No advertising budget was given to the game. Zero commercials shot or anything. (Confirmed by capcom themselves)

Multiple delays on the game already

The original was a niche title that bombed as well

The Wii library has matured to the point that bottom feeding for games isn't necessary anymore like it was last year when RE:Wii came out. People will be playing Tales of Symph 2 and Rockband MK:Wii, Wiifit and Wiiware games when this comes out. You know, REAL efforts worth the time rather than SLUMMING on old ports of games that bombed already and are being released with even LESS advertising than it had the first time it underperformed.

This game is a fruit freaking cocktail of ingredients needed to make a game bomb, and no amount of wishful thinking, not desire to see it do well just so the Wii can have another good 3rd party seller is going to save this game. It is doomed, a sum of its own crappy make up. It has nothing going for it. Nothing.

Edit: Let me add, that if by some miracle this game does perform well at retail, Ill see it as nothing but statistical noise. An exception rather than the rule, a minor thing that slipped through the cracks, kind of like Carnival Games selling a million plus worldwide. After all, if you throw enough s**t at the wall, eventually SOMETHING sticks.

I would hope that this argument is full of fail; I hope that Okami sells very well. RE4 Will hit the 1million mark at the steady pace that it is selling. I would argue that Okami probably should have been released on the cube; that is were your zelda fans are, and I would think that most Zelda fans would gravitate towards a game like this.

I have enjoyed the new games that are out for Wii so far, but personally I would not mind if we got more PS2 ports over to the Wii. I'm talking to you Insomniac and Nauty Dog! Let's get some J & D and R & C action over on the Wii.

Not going to happen. Both those developers are basically Sony property.

And Xyrax....nice troll. You may have good points, but you could make them without jumping up and down and screaming "Bombs away!"

And your edit suggests that this is a vendetta you have with either 3rd parties, the Wii or both, as opposed to a genuine analysis of Okami's sales potential.

On the contrary, I don't have anything against the Wii, I'm a large supporter, you can check the post history if you need assurance. But I call a duck a duck, regardless of personal bias. And this game flat out has the makings of a bomb. Games that release with the traits that Okami is releasing under generally bomb the majority of the time man, my last edit was to point out that if it were to slip by and do well, it would still be the exception and not the rule. Its not going to be advertised, it would have to be carried completely on good word of mouth. The same type of massive good word of mouth that did absolutely NOTHING for the game the first freaking time.

Sure Im not soft spoken, but its the freaking truth. Dont see any reason why I should bother sugar coating it. Especially when I know, if this game does bomb, everyone thats extremely optimistic will be right alongside me campaigning that the game had the above factors working against it, and that we were silly to expect it to perform at retail.

MontanaHatchet said:
naznatips said:
ameratsu said:
MontanaHatchet said:

As for Okami selling 1 million if it was on the Gamecube...

Maybe, if it was made by Nintendo.

truer words have never been spoken.

i agree with nazntips that the wii version will sell more than the ps2 version ltd. imo this is only the case because it isn't lost in a slew of other releases and this sort of game that will go over well with the zelda-playing wii populace.

if this does over 600,000 let alone a million you can colour me impressed.

Well Capcom will apparently be happy with 270K hehe.

Montana seems to be against this on principle. Like porting his favorite game to Wii corrupts it or something. I've never seen someone more vehemently attack a remake.

I don't like the remake because the gist of it all is,

"Well, I completely ignored the original, but now that it's on the Wii, I'm suddenly interested!"

It could have been any console, but where were you all before?

Playing the Wii and making petitions for a Wii port.

Or at least that's what a lot of people were doing.

from the article i linked.

"So it should come as little surprise that no sooner than Okami was announced for PS2 did Nintendo fans beg and plead for a version designed to take advantage of the Wii controller."

Me I wasn't in the market for another adventure game. I was in a full out SRPG/Computer gaming mode.

Well, I suppose that if more people play it I don't care how stupid their reasons are.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Well, I suppose that if more people play it I don't care how stupid their reasons are.

I actually bought it once, and am about to buy it again.  So yeah...

naznatips said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I actually bought it once, and am about to buy it again. So yeah...

That's why I love you.

Sherlock99 said:
i bet if okami was released on the gamecube instead of the ps2 this game would have been a million seller

Agreed    

420k my bet 

Okami would have sold a million on the Gamecube because...of why?

Considering that the PS2 has five times as many million sellers as the Gamecube, has a massive userbase lead over the Gamecube in every territory (including having about 4 times the GC userbase in America, where Okami was most popular), and the fact that the Gamecube was weezing on its death bed in 2006, for what possible reason would Okami have sold a million on the system?

how many copies did the ps2 sell?

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99