By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you think Okami Wii will sell?

I agree with the Zelda thoughts. This was picked by many as game of the year, it was just on the wrong console. All the Zelda fans would have bought this if it had been on GC, I think it is a much better fit for Wii. Especially with the drawing on screen.

I bet 500k, maybe even better.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
CDiablo said:
I hate to say it but 20k first week in the us then downhill from there

That's the most realistic guess so far, and this is coming from Okami fan #1.

It will do better than NiGHTS, so maybe 250k if it's lucky.

As for Okami selling 1 million if it was on the Gamecube...

Maybe, if it was made by Nintendo. Otherwise, it would have sold less than 150k.

Also, Okami's worldwide sales are in the 400-500k range, Capcom just had high standards since it was such a hyped game.

... for the last time Montana, Okami flopped.  It sold 270K units,  straight from the horse's mouth. Get over it.

I'd be willing to bet the first person here willing to take me up on it that Okami for the Wii will sell more than double that 270K figure lifetime.  The prize for the winner will be 1 SNES game on virtual console of the winner's choice, paid for and gifted by the loser.  

I bet an N64 game that Naznatips wins that bet!

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I'd say 300k. I'm hoping for more, though.
I can tell you I'm getting my copy.

naznatips said:
MontanaHatchet said:
CDiablo said:

Maybe, if it was made by Nintendo. Otherwise, it would have sold less than 150k.

Also, Okami's worldwide sales are in the 400-500k range, Capcom just had high standards since it was such a hyped game.

... for the last time Montana, Okami flopped. It sold 270K units, straight from the horse's mouth. Get over it.

I'd be willing to bet the first person here willing to take me up on it that Okami for the Wii will sell more than double that 270K figure lifetime. The prize for the winner will be 1 SNES game on virtual console of the winner's choice, paid for and gifted by the loser.

Wow, that's actually a pretty cool idea instead of ban bets: virtual console gifts!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Maybe, if it was made by Nintendo.

truer words have never been spoken.

i agree with nazntips that the wii version will sell more than the ps2 version ltd. imo this is only the case because it isn't lost in a slew of other releases and this sort of game that will go over well with the zelda-playing wii populace.

if this does over 600,000 let alone a million you can colour me impressed.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

naznatips said:
MontanaHatchet said:
CDiablo said:

... for the last time Montana, Okami flopped. It sold 270K units, straight from the horse's mouth. Get over it.

I'd be willing to bet the first person here willing to take me up on it that Okami for the Wii will sell more than double that 270K figure lifetime. The prize for the winner will be 1 SNES game on virtual console of the winner's choice, paid for and gifted by the loser.

Sad thing is.

That's the shipped number...  So yeah... it's way below what you think Montana

http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1198369

(Your's didn't come up naz)

ameratsu said:
MontanaHatchet said:

i agree with nazntips that the wii version will sell more than the ps2 version ltd. imo this is only the case because it isn't lost in a slew of other releases and this sort of game that will go over well with the zelda-playing wii populace.

Well Capcom will apparently be happy with 270K hehe. 

Montana seems to be against this on principle.  Like porting his favorite game to Wii corrupts it or something.  I've never seen someone more vehemently attack a remake. 

naznatips said:
ameratsu said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Well Capcom will apparently be happy with 270K hehe.

Montana seems to be against this on principle. Like porting his favorite game to Wii corrupts it or something. I've never seen someone more vehemently attack a remake.

You should of saw me when I bought FF6 and Chrono Trigger on the PS1. It added worse washed out music quality, and loading times... and gave me a few stupid animated movies.

Of course to be fair i played it before bashing it. Before then I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

I'm also not a fan of the redesigned FF4 graphics but i'm well complained out about that.

kingofwale said:
I'm going to say 200K LT WW.

Unless instead of artistic dog, they use a cuddly dog with a baby as the cover art. Then it will be a multi-million seller.

more wii bashing, huh?

i think the game will sell more than 200,000