By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ghostbusters Meta critic user score 2.3

Peh said:

I didn't go through all the posts so sorry if this has been posted before:

http://imgur.com/gallery/uhKcnEK

People are posting about empty theaters...

Can't see it having any kind of legs plus its overseas totals aren't going to get bailed out by China like Warcraft did either since its not playing there.

Around the Network

In a way it will be kind of funny if this likely kills the Ghostbusters franchise period, then all the fanboys raging in anger against can have zero/nothing/nada Ghostbusters from now until who knows when. 

This film while not perfect still actually had a solid cast and foundation that at least could have been built upon, the main thing it needed was a better screenwriter for a sequel.

They went way overboard with the production budget on this one even adjusted for inflation the first two cost less then $70 million to make. This one should have had a similar type of budget not $140+ million. Also this will not even come close to being as successful as the first two the first one was the second highest grossing movie domestically of 1984 the second one was the eighth highest grossing movie world wide of 1989. This one will not even come close to being near the top ten domestically or worldwide.

LurkerJ said:
73 on rotten tomatoes and 60 on meta.

That's good by movie ratings standard.

All I see is a bunch of losers who can't let go. Any idea how it's doing on box-office and world-wide? I'd love to get a few more chuckles out of this.

be real here though- a vast majority of 'professional' critics are people who are not being paid that much and can be manipulated and bought out fairly easy. To act as if the Rotten Tomatoes score or the Metacritic (Critics) score are not likely manipulated by Sony and money would be silly

the critics are hard to trust sometimes (SOMETIMES) because they NEED to stay in good standings with the film companies to get early scoops on movies, preview showings, etc. etc. etc.

its not hard at all to see how some critic reviews could be easily bought out. there are probably less than 10 well known  film critics that actually are successful enough to not need the money or help from companies, but the vast majority of professional critics are people just trying to make ends meet, writing for newspapers and online VLOGS

Soundwave said:

In a way it will be kind of funny if this likely kills the Ghostbusters franchise period, then all the fanboys raging in anger against can have zero/nothing/nada Ghostbusters from now until who knows when. 

This film while not perfect still actually had a solid cast and foundation that at least could have been built upon, the main thing it needed was a better screenwriter for a sequel.

the vast majority of the Ghostbusters fanbase would much PREFER the Ghostbusters IP dies rather than continues to be pushed into shit that only takes advantage of CGI and has no soul.

why on Earth would you expect any fanbase to want CRAP to come out for something they hold dear, rather than nothing at all. 

and just because the films for Ghostbusters die doesn't mean that comics/video games won't continue to exist, particularly when the last video game was pretty popular with the fanbase and did well.

screw the new Ghostbusters. Its garbage and if you spend 5 minutes investigating the production process of it you'll see that not only did the original creators/actors of Ghosbusters not like what was being made here but ALSO some of the main stars of THIS new Ghostbusters film weren't happy.

when a vast majority fo those involved with a project aren't happy and you do a ton of reshoots I think its fairly obvious something has not happened how it should

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:
Soundwave said:

the vast majority of the Ghostbusters fanbase would much PREFER the Ghostbusters IP dies rather than continues to be pushed into shit that only takes advantage of CGI and has no soul.

why on Earth would you expect any fanbase to want CRAP to come out for something they hold dear, rather than nothing at all. 

and just because the films for Ghostbusters die doesn't mean that comics/video games won't continue to exist, particularly when the last video game was pretty popular with the fanbase and did well.

screw the new Ghostbusters. Its garbage and if you spend 5 minutes investigating the production process of it you'll see that not only did the original creators/actors of Ghosbusters not like what was being made here but ALSO some of the main stars of THIS new Ghostbusters film weren't happy.

when a vast majority fo those involved with a project aren't happy and you do a ton of reshoots I think its fairly obvious something has not happened how it should

Well actually having *seen* the damn movie, I can say  as a Ghostbusters fan, the cast itself was fine, they needed a better screenwriter, and I would've been happy to see a sequel if they went that route. 

This was better than the Robocop or TMNT reboots, way better than Independence Day, probably a little notch below Jurassic World and better than the shit-reek called Transformers/Bayformers (some how fanboys are happy to finance this shit to 4 asstastic sequels). There was enough here to work with and expand the franchise upon. 

The people trying their best to push this as a movie as bad as something like Dragonball Evolution or Sony's own Ghostbusters rip-off from last year, Pixels, are full of shit. 

If Ghostbusters fans can abide Ghostbusters II then they are hypocrites for slamming this film because it's basically the same quality. 

Glad the movie isn't doing well. Don't insult the consumers, Sony.

mountaindewslave said:

be real here though- a vast majority of 'professional' critics are people who are not being paid that much and can be manipulated and bought out fairly easy. To act as if the Rotten Tomatoes score or the Metacritic (Critics) score are not likely manipulated by Sony and money would be silly

You know what's actually silly? Making such a statement with zero evidence.

There is no doubt in my mind that had a movie you liked received great reviews, you wouldn't doubt them for a second, or wouldn't express with such certainty that reviewers were bought by x company.

I've heard great WoM actually. Anyway can't be worse than Ice Age 5.

Chris Hu said:
Peh said:

I didn't go through all the posts so sorry if this has been posted before:

http://imgur.com/gallery/uhKcnEK

People are posting about empty theaters...

Can't see it having any kind of legs plus its overseas totals aren't going to get bailed out by China like Warcraft did either since its not playing there.

Completely agree on this.  I'm sure this movie is going to be down quite a bit next week.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's close to 65%+ down.  And overseas hasn't really started off well, either.  One big thing against them is they don't have China.  Though, the first one didn't need China to do $750M+ WW (adjusted.)  It's first weekend is $19M, which includes an entire extra week in a few of those territories.