By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ghostbusters Meta critic user score 2.3

Im pretty sure 90% of the people that rate a movie,serie or videogame with a 0 or 1 are people who never played or have seen it.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Glad the movie isn't doing well. Don't insult the consumers, Sony.

I take it you're a big fan of the original?

KLAMarine said:
Lawlight said:
Glad the movie isn't doing well. Don't insult the consumers, Sony.

I take it you're a big fan of the original?

I remember really liking the original. I don't remember much of it though - haven't seen it since I was a kid. Can't even remember which one had the Michelin mascot and which one had Vigo.

I haven't seen it (don't really care about Ghost Busters) but I must say, as far as public sentiment goes, Sony's desire to push more into the movie scene seems to be horribly mismanaged.

For those who don't know this:

I only knew the cartoon, but never imagined it was also based on this liveaction series.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Lafiel said:
user ratings/reviews on metacritic can't be taken seriously as the sites active users are simply too immature

Yes, the 'professional' reviews with comments like "Take that haters" and "The manbabies will be..." are much more mature.

did I say that? obviously there are immature professional reviewers aswell, yet for movie user reviews (written ones, user score is pretty irrelevant to me) I much prefer imdb over metacritic

Soundwave said:

The cast was fine I wouldn't have minded seeing them continue but with a better script. But Ghostbusters as a reboot was always an iffy proposition since it's such an old property, it'll likely be moth balled forever now. 

Kinda funny that $46 million as an opening isn't good enough anymore either, but you can't expect a 30+ year old franchise to come back, you need to be able to build an audience first. 

You keep defending the cast for some reason. What makes this movie bad has litle to do with the cast. You admit yourself the script was not any good. Even if this was all men again, the direction they seed to take was a bad one. I liked angry joes review, it seemed honest and from the trailers I agree with him, they tryed to hook fans on nostalgia while changing everithing. It would have been better to be a hand off from the original ghostbusters to their daughters and be a sequel unstead of a reboot. 

If you think cast alone makes a movie worth watching, then I see that your opinion is a fake positive. you seem to want to like this movie just because of the cast.

Soundwave said:

There are several people on this site who have seen it. No one's saying its an Oscar movie, but 2.3 ... if this is 2.3 then Indepedence Day is a 0.5, Tarzan is a 1.5, WarCraft is a 1.5, Ninja Turtles is a 2.3 too. Basically you can say 90% of the movies this summer are under a 3/10. And Adam Sandler's Pixels, which is basically Ghostbusters With Game Characters should be a 0.5 too. Yet Independence Day has a user score of 4.7 ... which is bullshit by comparison. This is a better movie.

Even the IMDB score is now way up and the Cinema Score of people who actually *watched* the movie (what a concept) ranged from an A to a B-. 

I think people who haven't seen the movie just need to stop commenting period, I hated the Star Wars prequels, but at least I watched them first to come to an informed opinion. 

We get it, you think its better than thouse. Has i ever occur to you that others like tarzan, pixels, transformers and the rest better that ghostbusters reboot? I myself liked the first 2 transformers. That all thouse movies also sucked, or sucked more, does not mean this one dosent suck as well. that they deserved lower scores than a 2.3, does not mean this movie deserves better than what it got.

I dont need to see this movie to asume is any good. The taste sony gave with the trailers and response to fans was enoughf to see that it deserved that score. I can tell when a review is honest and Im going with angry joes review that seems pretty honest, and adding speculations of my own from the little info I have and I will not see this movie and I will advise others to not see this movie as well. Not because of a cast of only women, but just cuz it looks terrible.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

thismeintiel said:
Psychotic said:

I disagree, I think it does work better with a mother.  It's more congruent with current gender roles as therefore require less suspension of disbelief.

So a father would never look for their daughter?  Would he just have drove away?  Can he not feel the same amount of love and devotion a mother can?

That's funny, cause no one had to suspend their disbelief playing the game.  If you truly have that low an opinion of men, you are just as sexist as the director and writer of that movie.  Or the slim minority bashing this movie just because they are women.

I've already admitted I'd spoken too soon. You can keep your MRA rage under control.

Soundwave said:

In a way it will be kind of funny if this likely kills the Ghostbusters franchise period, then all the fanboys raging in anger against can have zero/nothing/nada Ghostbusters from now until who knows when. 

This film while not perfect still actually had a solid cast and foundation that at least could have been built upon, the main thing it needed was a better screenwriter for a sequel.

I can say as a fan of Uncharted (and of course a lot of other IPs in movies and games) that I would preffer an IP to left untoched than to get a poor work done.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Psychotic said:
thismeintiel said:

So a father would never look for their daughter?  Would he just have drove away?  Can he not feel the same amount of love and devotion a mother can?

That's funny, cause no one had to suspend their disbelief playing the game.  If you truly have that low an opinion of men, you are just as sexist as the director and writer of that movie.  Or the slim minority bashing this movie just because they are women.

I've already admitted I'd spoken too soon. You can keep your MRA rage under control.

Lol, is MRA supposed to be an insult?  From you, I'll take it as a badge of honor.