By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is Nintendo's best console controller?

Best Nintendo controller?

NES 3 1.12%

SNES 38 14.18%

N64 17 6.34%

GameCube 131 48.88%

WiiMote 18 6.72%

Wii U Gamepad 19 7.09%

Wii U Pro Controller 42 15.67%

Total:268

"God controls life with a Wii U Pro Controller", a Roman historian once said.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
WiiU Pro Controller. Its basically a cheap Xbox controller, the XBO Elite being my fave controller.
Gamecube is great provided you have no interest in playing Nintendo's most popular genre, 2D Platformer. Also the C-Stick is stupid for FPS. Also its missing a bumper and select button iirc.

Smash Melee and onward would like to have a word with you.

mZuzek said:
Kotastic said:

Smash Bros. isn't a 2D platformer though..?

What 2D platformers did the GC have?

Kotastic said:
ktay95 said:
WiiU Pro Controller. Its basically a cheap Xbox controller, the XBO Elite being my fave controller.
Gamecube is great provided you have no interest in playing Nintendo's most popular genre, 2D Platformer. Also the C-Stick is stupid for FPS. Also its missing a bumper and select button iirc.

Wait are you saying Smash is a 2D Platformer or that Smash is more poular than 2D Mario, DK and Kirby??

Nevermind, both are wrong.

ktay95 said:
Kotastic said:

Wait are you saying Smash is a 2D Platformer or that Smash is more poular than 2D Mario, DK and Kirby??

Well, not necessarily a 2D platformer but a 2D genre nonetheless. Adventure mode in Melee and SSE might as well be a 2D platformer. And it works beautifully with the GC Controller, by far my most preferred controller on the Wii U version.

Edit: Also yes Smash is more popular than DK and Kirby lmao.

Around the Network

GameCube controller!
It's so god damn comfortable!!!
I'd love it if they went back to that, but I'd be willing to settle for the Wii U Pro Controller too.

I chose SNES because it so rock-solid and for the time it was made, quite versatile. GC was a close second.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Kotastic said:
ktay95 said:

Well, not necessarily a 2D platformer but a 2D genre nonetheless. Adventure mode in Melee and SSE might as well be a 2D platformer. And it works beautifully with the GC Controller, by far my most preferred controller on the Wii U version.

AND, it says AND damn it. I didnt say OR. Of course Smash is bigger than DK and Kirby but its not bigger than all of Nintendo's 2D platformers (Mario, DK, Kirby) combined. 

ktay95 said:
Kotastic said:

AND, it says AND damn it. I didnt say OR. Of course Smash is bigger than DK and Kirby but its not bigger than all of Nintendo's 2D platformers (Mario, DK, Kirby) combined. 

But seriously, what 2D platformers had GC? I cannot remember a single one appart from that weird DK game that was controlled with bongos lol

Goodnightmoon said:
ktay95 said:

But seriously, what 2D platformers had GC? I cannot remember a single one appart from that weird DK game that was controlled with bongos lol

None that I remember, not surprising though because the controller was shit for them. Not having a genre on the console doesnt excuse its controller for being bad for said genre when discussing the best controller though.