By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is Nintendo's best console controller?

Best Nintendo controller?

NES 3 1.12%

SNES 38 14.18%

N64 17 6.34%

GameCube 131 48.88%

WiiMote 18 6.72%

Wii U Gamepad 19 7.09%

Wii U Pro Controller 42 15.67%

Total:268
ktay95 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But seriously, what 2D platformers had GC? I cannot remember a single one appart from that weird DK game that was controlled with bongos lol

None that I remember, not surprising though because the controller was shit for them. Not having a genre on the console doesnt excuse its controller for being bad for said genre when discussing the best controller though. 

Well... I guess but at the same time is a bit like saying nes controller was horrible for fps xD

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
ktay95 said:

None that I remember, not surprising though because the controller was shit for them. Not having a genre on the console doesnt excuse its controller for being bad for said genre when discussing the best controller though. 

Well... I guess but at the same time is a bit like saying nes controller was horrible for fps xD

It was though Its why the WiiU Pro Controller is easily the best controller they have made.

ktay95 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It was though Its why the WiiU Pro Controller is easily the best controller they have made.

Not very good for games that require motion controls though...

Game Cube by far. No contest. The buttons were masterfully placed to allow for the fastest reflex response. It's still the fasted by far. Having the A button in the middle with your thumb hovering over all the buttons at once. Some may say you can do that in the center of any controller, I'd say it's not quite the same. It's by far the best controller for fighting games for this reason. You can really feel the massive difference with Soul Caliber II. Bloody Roar: Primal Fury was another fantastic fighting game on the Game Cube. The click triggers were also phenomenal with what you could do with them. The only real downside of the Game Cube controller was how uncomfortable the C-stick was.

The Pro Controller is very good but the second analogue stick is very poorly placed. When I'm aggressively using it in fast paced games. The bottom of my thumb sometimes hits a button. Which is very annoying and inefficient for some games.

Gamecube controller.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

The GameCube is everyone's favorite? With the goofy thin Z button, squeaky shoulder buttons and all the other buttons going around a GIANT A button?

Come on, you guys. The SNES controller was perfect. I still use mine to this day.

It's close between Gamecube and Snes (accounting for time). I'll have to go with Snes because for some strange reason Nintendo decided to put the analog sticks in an octagon enclosure on the gamecube and the triggers were pretty naff.

Dyllyo said:

The GameCube is everyone's favorite? With the goofy thin Z button, squeaky shoulder buttons and all the other buttons going around a GIANT A button?

Come on, you guys. The SNES controller was perfect. I still use mine to this day.

It has to do with functionality and how well it performed with games. It is debatably the most functional in terms of gaming controller even to date. By functional I mean best of use and allowance for quickest reflexes. The controller was specifically built to be the most efficient controller for gaming. Which it was.

Dyllyo said:

It has to do with functionality and how well it performed with games. It is debatably the most functional in terms of gaming controller even to date. By functional I mean best of use and allowance for quickest reflexes. The controller was specifically built to be the most efficient controller for gaming. Which it was.

[Sorry. It glitched out and double posted.]

The GC controller is my personal fav. It fits so well in my hands and the button layout is well designed too.

The Pro controller feels good too, but the ABXY buttons feel a little off. Sometimes I end up hitting the wrong buttons because they're set a little lower than what I'm used to.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread