By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vaporeon appearance in Central Park causes a stampede

onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

Wins what?

great marketing for one of their biggest franchises, also, 10+ billion added to their market value.

So who lost?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
onionberry said:

great marketing for one of their biggest franchises, also, 10+ billion added to their market value.

So who lost?

doubters I guess.

LipeJJ said:
I'm shocked. I can't wait to see what happens in 1 month once it becomes available in most of the world.

Haven't you heard? Everyone will spontaneously stop playing it in a month. It will just go away.

Soundwave said:
Happy for Nintendo's success ... but that ... eh, I kinda cringed watching that. Like, life priorities?

"Life priorities" -- guy with 15,000 posts on a video game forum

Welp...I guess the trailer did predict this type of behavior. But seriously, as happy as I am for Nintendo and Niantic for their success on this game, I wish people wouldn't behave like this.

Edit: It's just now sinking into my mind...how much of a phenomenon this game has become... were all those people really in one place just to catch one Pokemon!? God, I wonder what's gonna happen when Gen 2 comes out with Ho-Oh, and Lugia.

the_dengle said:
LipeJJ said:
I'm shocked. I can't wait to see what happens in 1 month once it becomes available in most of the world.

Haven't you heard? Everyone will spontaneously stop playing it in a month. It will just go away.

Soundwave said:
Happy for Nintendo's success ... but that ... eh, I kinda cringed watching that. Like, life priorities?

"Life priorities" -- guy with 15,000 posts on a video game forum

1- I guess people will be surprised seeing how long Pokémon Go will last.

2- *Headshot* (sorry, couldn't resist).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Dude taking out his buddy and sending his phone flying through the air in the 2nd video is awesome haha.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

First E3 on Jun 15ish and now central park on Jul 15ish. Nintendo turned on their Stanpede-enator.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Ljink96 said:

Welp...I guess the trailer did predict this type of behavior. But seriously, as happy as I am for Nintendo and Niantic for their success on this game, I wish people wouldn't behave like this.

Edit: It's just now sinking into my mind...how much of a phenomenon this game has become... were all those people really in one place just to catch one Pokemon!? God, I wonder what's gonna happen when Gen 2 comes out with Ho-Oh, and Lugia.

I don't think it's just about it being a rare Pokemon, I think it's also about a herd mentality that makes people rush around like that.

25 candy is all it takes people. Just... Calm down.

BraLoD said:
Just for a Vaporeon? (btw it's a pokémon I really like, but even so...)

I'd be rushing too if I were there and I'm not even playing the game. I just want to be a part of the excitement.