By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2016 NPD Results

Aquamarine said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

.....wait, maybe i'm missing something.

Creamsugar posted that Batman sold >1.1 million at retail last year, withouth bundle.

He also posted bundle sold 121k.

This mean that digital sales for Batman were < 100k ? Maybe i'm reading this wrong...

Also, OverWatch at >498k PC+Console, looks like my +500k prediction was spot on! :D

The 1.32 million figure for Batman: Arkham Knight is comprised of PS4 physical, XBO physical, console bundle sales, and PC physical.

It doesn't include PSN or XBL or Steam digital sales.

Oh ok, that's seem more likely.

Yeah now that i think so, i believe Cream said that he never count PC sales.

This mean the old >1.1 million figures withouth bundle was also withouth PC, i think. Thanks Aqua, i'll post this on GAF.

Around the Network
Aquamarine said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Last year Batman sold 1.1 million.

OverWatch sold 420k and is the best selling game in June, so this was expect...

EDIT: Wait is this including digital or retail only?

Last June the #1 seller Batman: Arkham Knight sold 1.32 million physical units including digital copies in hardware bundles.

This June the #1 seller Overwatch sold 423K physical copies on consoles and a lot of PC physical sales (considering how dead the PC retail market is, >75K PC physical for a second month release is a lot).

holy shit.
best selling second month for a pc game after diablo 3?

jungemann said:
Aquamarine said:

Last June the #1 seller Batman: Arkham Knight sold 1.32 million physical units including digital copies in hardware bundles.

This June the #1 seller Overwatch sold 423K physical copies on consoles and a lot of PC physical sales (considering how dead the PC retail market is, >75K PC physical for a second month release is a lot).

holy shit.

It just shows how popular the game is on PC. If PC physical is starting to compete with console sales, that means PC digital is exponentially larger.

jungemann said:
Aquamarine said:

holy shit.

Maybe, although i think Starcraft 2 and it's expansions sold a lot physical copies too.

Aquamarine said:
jungemann said:

physical only?!

Physical Software sales fell from $345.5 million in June 2015 NPD to $240.0 million in June 2016 NPD. That's a decline of -30.5%.

Total Hardware fell from $526.6 million to $393.5 million, a decline of -25.3%.

Thanks for clarfiying my statement Aqua. I wanted to write more but was on my phone. 

A disappointing June when you look at it, but not unexepected once you realise there was nothing driving software sales this month. 

I'd argue the decline in hardware sales was more surprising. What are your thoughts on hardware this month and so far this year? 

Sales are relatively stable YoY for PS4/XB1. No doubt new hardware, lower pricing and holiday lineup of games will increase hardware sales in the second half of the year. Should lead to both PS4 & XB1 seeing better sales this year compared to last. 

Btw Aqua, did you get my PM at all? 

@Ryng: You should post the revenue numbers on NeoGAF as well. 

Does no one care about the health of the industry? Is it all just about whether game x sells better than game y. Come on guys. 

Around the Network
ZhugeEX said:
Aquamarine said:

Physical Software sales fell from $345.5 million in June 2015 NPD to $240.0 million in June 2016 NPD. That's a decline of -30.5%.

Thanks for clarfiying my statement Aqua. I wanted to write more but was on my phone. 

A disappointing June when you look at it, but not unexepected once you realise there was nothing driving software sales this month. 

I'd argue the decline in hardware sales was more surprising. What are your thoughts on hardware this month and so far this year? 

Sales are relatively stable YoY for PS4/XB1. No doubt new hardware, lower pricing and holiday lineup of games will increase hardware sales in the second half of the year. Should lead to both PS4 & XB1 seeing better sales this year compared to last. 

Btw, did you get my PM at all? 

Yes, I'll respond to it later....I'm on my phone as well right now and I'm traveling to meet clients, so not much time to catch up!

ZhugeEX said:

@Ryng: You should post the revenue numbers on NeoGAF as well. 

Does no one care about the health of the industry? Is it all just about whether game x sells better than game y. Come on guys. 

...Honestly i didn't even saw that post lol, i only saw response from Aqua about Batman sales last year.

Edited my comment on GAF with more information:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210444777&postcount=444

Aquamarine said:
jungemann said:

physical only?!

Hey Ryng_Tolu, can you delete the underlined portion from your quote in the GAF post? I accidentally included more feeds than just the hardware one in this post, so I'm retracting that part of the statement.

Aquamarine said:
Aquamarine said:

Hey Ryng_Tolu, can you delete the underlined portion from your quote in the GAF post? I accidentally included more feeds than just the hardware one in this post, so I'm retracting that part of the statement.

Sure

Ryng_Tolu said:
Aquamarine said:

Sure

Thank you.