By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Attack in Nice, France during Bastille Day. 78 killed, hundreds wounded.

MikeRox said:
Dadrik said:
Now the french press talk about more than 60 killed.

http://www.rtl.fr/actu/societe-faits-divers/nice-une-attaque-au-camion-fait-au-moins-30-morts-7784105377

Also states terrorist attack now. Really sad. :(

I guess the state of emergency will now be getting extended.

To be honest, it would have been extended again, no matter what.

Also, the claim that it was a terrorist attack was made right after the event, it has been replaced by "criminal attack" since then. No proof that it's a terrorist attack yet.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

Hope they don't blame it on GTA.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Provisional toll:
73 killed
Hundreds wounded

Gunshots were fired from the truck, according to some witnesses

Nice! With reports that shots were being fired, I can say with confidence it was a terrorist attack. Darn, this time it was within less than a month between the last one in Europe. I warned everybody this would happen when the flood gates were open, but oh I was called a bigot instead. Well I wonder who will come and say I was wrong now...

I pray for Europe's future, but its really getting bad now. If this is a terrorist attack, it will be the 3rd major one of the last 4 months.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Were they gunshots or fireworks? The reports are insanely conflicting right now. Hard to get accounts of a situation in a panic.

RJ_Sizzle said:
Were they gunshots or fireworks? The reports are insanely conflicting right now. Hard to get accounts of a situation in a panic.

Seems like there were indeed gunshots fired from the truck, where guns and grenades were stored.
Definitely looks like a terrorist attack.

My mum and sister were in Nice 2 days ago. Thank god they left when they did

man-bear-pig said:
My mum and sister were in Nice 2 days ago. Thank god they left when they did

Thank goodness! I couldnt imagine how hard it would've been if they were still there.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

"Several weapons, guns and grenades were found inside the truck that drove in the crown, according to a local source contacted by Le Figaro (major French media). The source evoked a premedited terrorist attack".

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2016/07/14/01016-20160714LIVWWW00269-attentat-nice-promenade-des-anglais.php