By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Attack in Nice, France during Bastille Day. 78 killed, hundreds wounded.

Lawlight said:
Soundwave said:

So lets have the chest thumping 'rightists' have their war with the right-wing Islamic conservative nuts on their own island. That is ultimately the end game here right? They can even scream their religion (even though technically I guess they both pray to the same tribal Middle Eastern god) is better than the other brand of religion to their hearts content before offing one another. They can kill each other off and leave the rest of civilization out of it.

There you go, left extremist trying to deflect from the issue at hand.

Not to mention that radical Islam is not a political ideology.  It's not left or right.  They want to kill all who are different from them.  It's about chaos, not government.  The fact that he puts Conservatives in the same category as them is quite telling.  And misguided.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Lawlight said:

Seriously both the rightist and leftist solution are dumbs. 

Right solution is war, which is how this happened in the first place, if it wasn't for the right's greed and wanting to control and police every little fun state on the planet, maybe non of this would have happened. Left solution is that everyone is special snowflake, and that screening should not happen to people coming into the country, because everyone is a snowflake. 

Both sides hold blame, don't act rightous.

Pretty sure it's leftist governments that have intervened in Syria and caused the recent mess.

Puppyroach said:
Horrific attack and it only goes to show how Europe needs to work better with Islamic nations to counter terrorism. And ANYONE should be as horrified by this as they are by the guy who shot policemen in the US recently, but it seems some people only want to do something when a muslim commits a terrorist act (if that is the case here).

Maybe because this is a world problem as opposed to a US problem.

Soundwave said:
Acevil said:

Right solution is war, which is how this happened in the first place, if it wasn't for the right's greed and wanting to control and police every little fun state on the planet, maybe non of this would have happened. Left solution is that everyone is special snowflake, and that screening should not happen to people coming into the country, because everyone is a snowflake. 

War with what? What is there is even left in the Middle East to bomb? Iraq has already been bombed back into the stone age, so has Syria. 

And fine, lets have war, so shouldn't all these right wing tough guys be the first to volunteer to go over there and fight? 

There's a word for people who adovocate for war but are too scared to actually do the fighting -- it's called a chickenhawk. 

Pretty sure right wing parties are about defending their own borders as opposed to going to war in other countries.

Acevil said:
Lawlight said:

No, the conservative right in Europe wants the West to stay out of the Middle East as much as possible.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Acevil said:

Pretty sure it's leftist governments that have intervened in Syria and caused the recent mess.

Yes.  It's because they don't like dictators, even if said dictator had no plans to harm us.  Of course, many of those countries were the ones who helped those dictators into power in the first place.  And sadly it seems a dictator was necessary to keep the extremist preoccupied.  Now that the dictators are taken out of power, the rebels (many of which became ISIS or other such groups) are free to conquer land and plot terrorist acts against others, including the countries who may have helped take out the dictators they were warring with.

killing yourself and dozens on behalf of a fantasy that there is some sky daddy looking down and judging every aspect of these ape's lives.

it's a dangerous world to live when billions share the same type of delusion...

setsunatenshi said:
killing yourself and dozens on behalf of a fantasy that there is some sky daddy looking down and judging every aspect of these ape's lives.

Just shows that despite this belief that we're so sophisticated, mankind is still mentally in it's infancy.  Still beliving in the ideas we thought up thousands of years ago to explain everything because we couldn't understand how the universe actually works.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

setsunatenshi said:

Maybe billions believe in a "sky daddy," but billions aren't extremist.

Either way, I'm curious to see when the world gets serious about eliminating terrorism.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

MoHasanie said:
LipeJJ said:
And I guess I won't be going to France anytime soon.

I wouldn't cancel my plans just cause of this attack. The chances of you dying in one are very low. In fact, you could probably get a good discount now on a holiday to France or an even better deal  would be a trip to Turkey. 

Eh, I'm still polishing my French, I can't wait till next year. Hopefully things get better.

And the problem is not only the chances of dying on such attacks... I know they are low. But a traumatized population + a police on alert + my last name being arabic = recipe for a tragedy. I won't risk it anytime soon. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won