By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mini NES be a huge success this Holiday?

I'm buying one with an extra controller. It will be the centerpiece of my living room. Now, just to convince my wife to turn the living room into a Nintendo room.

Around the Network

It has already begun to be a big subject on Facebook and i can see this one selling huge amount this winter, above 1mn.

it'll be sold out everywhere. People are already asking how to preorder.

yvanjean said:

The Mini NES is a joke. No body was asking for this between old NES games, emulators and Wii and WiiU virtual consoles games. We already have or own most of these games. This is Nintendo trying to sell us something we already own. It might turn into a novelty gift but only if the price is low enough. Don't expect to see this come next Xmas.

Don't you get it?  This is for the casuals.  The people who haven't touched a Nintendo since their childhoods.  The people who don't even know a "Virtual Console" exists.  Someone else already said it, but not everything Nintendo makes is for you.  Heck, I can even see a lot of hardcore PlayStation and Xbox fans who never bought a Wii or Wii U, but grew up on NES, picking up one of these bad boys.

yvanjean said:
spemanig said:

Not everything Nintendo makes is for you.

This product is target to Nintendo fan. The current game markets isn't dying to play the latest and greatest from the 1980's games. This should be a $20 compilation game for sales on Wii, WiiU & NX. 

The NES Classic Edition will be available on November 11th for $59.99. 

Considering the amount of games it has and how much they usually cost on VC and the setup it has, it's a pretty good deal for casuals and older/middle-age folks who grew up with the NES. It also can be a great collector's edition. You may doubt Nintendo's presence in the current game market, but their overall presence is still strong among the public with all these merchandise, concerts, etc. (something that I might bring up as a topic later).

Around the Network

It's kind of funny but I see a lot of kids getting this for Christmas and being pissed off about it.

"Look, Santa brought you a home console!"
"Yay! I wanted one so badly ... wait, what the hell ..."

This will mainly be sold to adults who had an NES and are still into gaming, hardcore Nintendo fans, and parents who want to cheap out.

yvanjean said:
spemanig said:

Not everything Nintendo makes is for you.

This product is target to Nintendo fan. The current game markets isn't dying to play the latest and greatest from the 1980's games. This should be a $20 compilation game for sales on Wii, WiiU & NX. 

The NES Classic Edition will be available on November 11th for $59.99. 

This product target everyone who think its cool, old NIntendo fans, new Nintendo fans, casuals, collectors, kids...this will be very popular gift in holiday season. 30 games for $20!? You do realise that one NES at VC is $5!?

Puppyroach said:
It has already begun to be a big subject on Facebook and i can see this one selling huge amount this winter, above 1mn.

I think it will much more than 1m, remember there are 60m 3DS owners and 13m Wii U owners, imagine that only 5% (evre 20. Wii or 3DS owner) of those owners buy NES Mini, nnot to mention casuals, collectors, some other group of peoples..

I can see people just impulse buying it in quick bursts.

My only concern is supply shortages.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

If they follow suit with a Mini SNES and/or N64 people will go nuts.