By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mini NES be a huge success this Holiday?

yvanjean said:

The Mini NES is a joke. No body was asking for this between old NES games, emulators and Wii and WiiU virtual consoles games. We already have or own most of these games. This is Nintendo trying to sell us something we already own. It might turn into a novelty gift but only if the price is low enough. Don't expect to see this come next Xmas.

Not everything Nintendo makes is for you.

Around the Network

Hipster culture and nostalgia will make this a big hit.

se7en7thre3 said:
Its a dirt cheap stocking stuffer, hard to see why it won't be a success.

$60 is dirt cheap?? Dam yo must be loaded lol

Nautilus said:
Unless Nintendo dosent have supply problems with it, I can easily see it selling 1+ million in the holidays(worldwide of course).

If the Wii and Fire Emblem Awakening and New 3DS XL and Amiibos have taught us anything, there won't be a shortage.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

It should do well, but I don't know if this is going to be as popular with the wider public as with the gaming community. If you go into Walmart there are already a large amount of retro consoles to buy for quite a bit cheaper (I think this will be of better quality, certainly, but this is really selling on the NES shell, which I'm not certain will carry as much mainstream appeal). Over a million worldwide should certainly be doable, however.  I can see it being especially popular in Japan (though there will already very similar products available in Tokyo when I spent a summer there years ago). 

Around the Network

It will sell great, this will be very good holiday season gift, it interesting, small and affordable. It will sell couple of milions whtiout problem.

V-r0cK said:
se7en7thre3 said:
Its a dirt cheap stocking stuffer, hard to see why it won't be a success.

Consider that full price of one AAA game is $60, i would say that hardware, that have controler and build in 30 games, has great price.

Miyamotoo said:
V-r0cK said:

Consider that full price of one AAA game is $60, i would say that hardware, that have controler and build in 30 games, has great price.

It's definitely a great price, but a $60 stocking stuffer I'm my book would be considered as the actual gift rather than a side gift with more gifts to come.  I wasn't raised growing up on Christmas with these 'stocking stuffers' so I'm not sure what's the average price people spend on these stocking stuffers.

Will the games look better than the originals?

spemanig said:
yvanjean said:

The Mini NES is a joke. No body was asking for this between old NES games, emulators and Wii and WiiU virtual consoles games. We already have or own most of these games. This is Nintendo trying to sell us something we already own. It might turn into a novelty gift but only if the price is low enough. Don't expect to see this come next Xmas.

Not everything Nintendo makes is for you.

This product is target to Nintendo fan. The current game markets isn't dying to play the latest and greatest from the 1980's games. This should be a $20 compilation game for sales on Wii, WiiU & NX. 

The NES Classic Edition will be available on November 11th for $59.99.