By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rare Replay vs. NES Mini

Decide!

Rare Replay! 38 25.33%

NES Mini! 81 54.00%

Both rock, I can't choose! 24 16.00%

See results 7 4.67%

Total:150

Rare Replay because I can't emulate a lot of those games.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

The NES Mini is a whole dedicated system. Also, I like the NES games list better.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

neither is very appealing to me. the clear winner would be

snes mini

1. super mario all stars
2. super mario world
3. contra III
4. earthworm jim
5. f-zero
6. turtle iv: turtles in time
7. donkey kong country
8. donkey kong country 2
9. star fox
10. mega man x
11. super mario rpg
12. chrono trigger
13. super metroid
14. zelda: a link to the past
15. yoshi's island
16. super castlevania IV
17. secret of mana
18. super punch out
19. super ghouls and ghosts
20. wild guns
21-30: other games

NES mini! I don't have an xbox one and don't currently plan on buying one.

Its close.... I think Rare Replay is better if you have a Xbox One.
If you dont, then probably the NES Mini.

Around the Network

NES mini has more games worth playing. Rare Replay has Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, Perfect Dark, Conker, other N64 classics, and Battletoads.

So Rare Replay.

bet: lost

Slarvax said:
Rare Replay holds better value (Longer games, multiple generations, 2D and 3D games, wider range if genres, etc), but the NES Mini library is objectively better.

If you already have an XBO, Rare Replay is better. If you don't have most of the NES games on a VC, NES Mini is better. I may be biased, but just for the fact that the NES Mini is a system with 30 games rather than a disc with 30 games, I'll say NES Mini is better.

I think you've misunderstood the meaning of "objectively"

NES Mini though I would have loved if they made a Duck Hunt NES Mini for like 10/15 additional dollars and packed it with the Zapper !

Rare Replay, Super Mario Bros 3 might be one of the best games of all time but there's not a lot of games on their that I'd play.

objectively speaking, obviously the NES Mini has the much better library. Some of the most highly regarded games of all time. and in terms of bang for your buck 60$ is really cheap if someone is considering either getting the mini with its built in library OR actually getting an original NES and those games (which would be expensive at this point)

Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, The Legend of Zelda, Super C, Castlevania, Donkey Kong, Mega Man 2- can't beat that

that said I think the Rare Replay is cool too