By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rare Replay vs. NES Mini

Decide!

Rare Replay! 38 25.33%

NES Mini! 81 54.00%

Both rock, I can't choose! 24 16.00%

See results 7 4.67%

Total:150

Which 30-game compilation is better, and why?

Rare Replay NES Mini
Jetpac Balloon Fight
Atic Atac Bubble Bobble
Lunar Jetman Castlevania
Sabre Wulf Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Underwurlde Donkey Kong
Knight Lore Donkey Kong Jr.
Gunfright Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Slalom Dr. Mario
R.C. Pro-Am Excitebike
Battletoads (NES) Final Fantasy
Cobra Triangle Galaga
Snake Rattle N Roll Ghosts 'n Goblins
Digger T. Rock Gradius
Solar Jetman Ice Climber
R.C. Pro-Am II Kid Icarus
Battletoads Arcade Kirby's Adventure
Killer Instinct Gold Mario Bros.
Blast Corps Mega Man 2
Banjo-Kazooie Metroid
Jet Force Gemini Ninja Gaiden
Perfect Dark Pac-Man
Banjo-Tooie Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
Conker's Bad Fur Day StarTropics
Grabbed by the Ghoulies Super C
Perfect Dark Zero Super Mario Bros.
Kameo: Elements of Power Super Mario Bros. 2
Viva Pinata Super Mario Bros. 3
Jetpac Refuelled Tecmo Bowl
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts The Legend of Zelda
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Around the Network

Rare replay because the nes mini doesn't use carts and I'm sure costs more than $30.

The NES Mini has a ton more appealing games to me that I'd rather get the NES Mini over the Rare replay.

Also, NES Mini doesn't also require you to buy a +/-$300 system to play the games :P

Due to the quality of the games, I am gonna say Rare Replay. Still kinda bummed that Dragon Warrior didn't make the cut on NES Mini

Rare replay. Nes Mini is gonna cost $60 if im not mistaken, which is twice what Rare replay costs, and im only into like... a third of those games.

Around the Network

Its a interesting topic. Rare made many great games thought the years and they were practically the premium version of Nintendo games. I still own mu NES and still love it, however my favourite NES game is Battle Toads, a Rare game.

I suggest both for old school gamers, but if you had to choose one, Rare's Replay.

Completely different set of things here. One is a mini console with a bunch of games from the 80s on it, the other is a compilation of games that work and you can play on the Xbone.

MiniNES is no different to this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Genesis-Atgames-Classic-Console/dp/B00K2CXNPU/

RareReplay is no different to this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEGA-Mega-Drive-Ultimate-Collection/dp/B004G8QGYG/

Both companies behind SEGA.

Out of the 2, Mini NES, it has Mario.

Hmm, pie.

Rare Replay holds better value (Longer games, multiple generations, 2D and 3D games, wider range if genres, etc), but the NES Mini library is objectively better.

If you already have an XBO, Rare Replay is better. If you don't have most of the NES games on a VC, NES Mini is better. I may be biased, but just for the fact that the NES Mini is a system with 30 games rather than a disc with 30 games, I'll say NES Mini is better.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Rare Replay has Banjo-Kazooie. Case closed.

Probably Rare Replay. It has some games I have no clue what they are and Nuts and Bolts (barf), but it has Battletoads, Banjo, and Perfect Dark, which are excellent games. On the other hand, the NES mini has some great games as well, like FF, Pacman, Megaman, and Bubble Bobble.

Uuuuurgh, I'm between many fun games, or some true excellently crafted games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread